Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brookelyn
    • Jun 2000

My avatars are not working. Users are not able to change them via their control panel and I cannot change them via the admin control panel. Attempting to delete them doesn't do anything either. I have tried the Diagnostics for "upload" and it comes back to the page with nothing attached and showing no information. Any ideas what could be wrong?
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Does your server run in safe_mode on?
    If so, make a temp directory in your public_html/ directory and chmod this to 777 then set this up in the admin control panel options, safe_mode on uploads: yes, and path to temp dir.

Hopefully that helps.

Comment

• brookelyn
      • Jun 2000

Originally posted by floris
      Does your server run in safe_mode on?
      If so, make a temp directory in your public_html/ directory and chmod this to 777 then set this up in the admin control panel options, safe_mode on uploads: yes, and path to temp dir.

Hopefully that helps.
      it does run with safe mode on ... i have made a directory chmod to 777 but i still am receiving the same problem. i am wondering if i have the path set wrong for some reason. by default it's set to /tmp and i tried putting a tmp directory at the root level so i didn't need to change this in addition to one in my htdocs... neither seemed to help. i am testing using the upload diagnostics and i still don't receive any output, it just goes back to the same page without the file attached like i'm starting over again.

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Attempting to delete them doesn't do anything either.

That is strange, because the upload feature - if not working - has nothing to do with the delete features.

Maybe you have forgotten to enable avatars per usergroup? Or through the vb options?

Comment

• brookelyn
          • Jun 2000

Originally posted by floris
          Attempting to delete them doesn't do anything either.

That is strange, because the upload feature - if not working - has nothing to do with the delete features.

Maybe you have forgotten to enable avatars per usergroup? Or through the vb options?

i don't know if it's specific to vb3 because i had a similar problem on occasion with select users - not all.

the avatars are definitely turned on .... the upload diagnostic doesn't work and neither does trying to upload them frmo the admincp

Comment

• brookelyn
            • Jun 2000

anymore ideas? my users are really pissed their avatars aren't working and i've tried so many different things to resolve this issue. i don't know what could be causing it but i can't upload and images (avatars, profile pics, attachments) and i cannot deleted ones that are currently being stored.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

In the Admin CP, open the Server Settings and Optimization Options section and turn on the Public phpinfo() Display Enabled setting. Then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...