• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bulent Tekcan
    • Feb 2003
    • 4.2.x

Users Homepage Problem

Hello

I'm using RC3 and when I press Visit Member Page,user leave my forum and open homepage same window.How can I open new window this function.

Thanks
    Attached Files
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Hi there,

You can modify the postbit template and the postbit_legacy template and find the URL for the homepage and add target="_blank" behind it.

Example:

Open the postbit_legacy postbit and find this code:
    Code:
     <if condition="$show['homepage']">
      <tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="$post[homepage]"><phrase 1="$post[username]">$vbphrase[visit_xs_homepage]</phrase></a></td></tr>
     </if>
    and replace it with this code:
    Code:
     <if condition="$show['homepage']">
      <tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="$post[homepage]" target="_blank"><phrase 1="$post[username]">$vbphrase[visit_xs_homepage]</phrase></a></td></tr>
     </if>
    I hope that shows how you can modify the templates to open in a new window.

Comment

• btekcan
      • Feb 2003
      • 4.2.x

Thanks for it,because my users not like leave my forum Maybe this trick add postbit_legacy postbit default value.Because when users press this button,automaticly leave forum page.

Thanks

Comment

• Justice
        • May 2000
        • 2.0.x

yeah, the new target was default in some older skins. It'll probably be in the final release.
        "Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did."
        - Mark Twain

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

Originally posted by btekcan
          Thanks for it,because my users not like leave my forum Maybe this trick add postbit_legacy postbit default value.Because when users press this button,automaticly leave forum page.

Thanks
          No problem, glad I could help.
          Hopefully it will be default, yes.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...