X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Agent Richard
    • Jul 2003

Attachments not linking

See: http://www.totalthrills.com/forums/s...20&postcount=2

You'll see that the attachment is there, the thumbnail works, but it doesn't link. If I disable thumbnails and keep inline viewing off, the mention of attachment disappears completely. With inline viewing on, the attachment works just fine, and by splicing the thumbnail link to this, you'll see the attachment's there and working just fine.

They worked fine before I upgraded from RC2 to RC3.

Thanks!
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

did you make sure you reverted your postbit postbit_legacy tempaltes?

Comment

• Agent Richard
      • Jul 2003

I've got "Use Legacy (Vertical) Postbit Template" set to yes, and have since before I upgraded. I've tried turning it off but it still doesn't work, also with it back on now. I'm just using the standard, unedited style.

How do I go about fixing it?

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Your 100% sure the postbit_legacy template is not customized?

Comment

• conqsoft
          • Jul 2003
          • 3.6.x

Definately sounds like you need to rever the postbit_legacy template. Changes were made to the thumbnail stuff from RC2 to RC3.
          vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

Some members on my site reported this too, they reverted to original rc3 templates after upgrade, and that fixed this problem.

I hope it helps, if you have more questions, feel free to ask

Comment

• Agent Richard
              • Jul 2003

I didn't change anything in any styles aside from the logo - no changes to postbit_legacy. I'm currently using a brand new, fresh and unedited RC3 style with postbit_legacy turned off (or on - it's all the same), and the same problem still occurs - see the link I posted earlier.

What's the deal? Is there a way I can straight out fix this issue?

Thanks!

Comment

• Steve Machol
                Former Customer Support Manager
                • Jul 2000

Do you see any templates when you run 'Find Updated Templates'?
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Agent Richard
                  • Jul 2003

"All Templates are up-to-date"

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

Then the only other thing I can think of is that some of the RC3 files were not uploaded when you upgraded. Try this:

1. Reupload the vbuletin-style.xml file from thr RC3 zip file to the install directory. Make sure you upload in ASCII and overwrite the one on the server. Then use the Upload function in the Style Manager to import that file. After this run 'Find Updated Templates' again and revert any it finds.

2. If that doesn't fix the problem, then delete all the vB non-image files. Then reupload all the original non-image files from the RC3 zip file. Make sure you upload these in ASCII.

If after this you still have a problem, then I'm afraid I have no idea what the cause is.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Agent Richard
                      • Jul 2003

Cool! That worked - the first one.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

Excellent! When you upgraded the vbulletin-style.xml file wasn't overwritten. This meant you did not get the RC3 templates installed when you ran the upgrade script.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...