How do I limit Super Moderator from doing mass moves and prunes?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobFerrari
    • Feb 2003

How do I limit Super Moderator from doing mass moves and prunes?

I want all the funtionality of the super moderator, except no mass moves and prunes?

Thanks,
    rob
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You make them moderators and remove those permissions. Supermoderators have permissions to do every moderator function.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• RobFerrari
      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      You make them moderators and remove those permissions. Supermoderators have permissions to do every moderator function.
      Where exactly do you do this. I want them to still be able to delete and move single posts, just not mass moves.

I looked under vB options, view permissions, and forum permissions, but I can't find it.

Thanks,
      rob

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Move them the the Mod group, then edit their individual permissions:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Show All Moderators -> [edit]

Can Mass-Move Threads -> No
        Can Mass-Prune Threads -> No
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• RobFerrari
          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Move them the the Mod group, then edit their individual permissions:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Show All Moderators -> [edit]

Can Mass-Move Threads -> No
          Can Mass-Prune Threads -> No
          Ahh, I think I know why I can't find it. Because it's not there! Even though I set a test user to the "Moderator" group, there are no users showing up under Show All Moderators. However, when I login with this test user I have the moderator permissions. Hmm, any idea. I'm on b7. Thanks.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

You need to make them Moderators of the specific forums.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• RichM
              • Jan 2003
              • 4.0.x

This was an issue for me also. I could have done what Steve suggested i guess, though if i did that then i could make a mistake at any time without realizing it. Thus some mods could end up with the power to mass move/prune. As my board is fairy big, i did not want to take the risk.

My main reason for wanting to remove these features, was incase a moderators account got stolen, these features would have given the stealer a quick method to delete all the threads and posts.

The best way of dealing with this is to remove the links from the index file in the modcp. It is EASY to do. I am a newbie when it comes to PHP and i managed to do it without any problems at all.

The other thing you could do without editing any code at all, is to DELETE thread.php from the modcp. (The links will still show, though they won't work)
              Also if you are going to remove the links, i suggest deleteing thread.php as well.

Here is what my boards modcp looks like without those links. (i added a few others from the admincp, edited the code slighltly so that it would work for mods)
              Last edited by RichM; Sun 16 Jul '06, 4:56pm.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Actually that's not necessary for vB3. If he does what I suggested, the Thread Move and Prune functions will not show up for this Mod in the Mod CP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• zylstra
                  • Aug 2004

But then how do you allow a moderator to moderate all forums? Do you have to Forum Manager -> Add Moderator for each forum? I have hundreds of forums.

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

Add them to each category moderators filter down

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...