This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Please start your own support thread for help. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• matt621
    replied
    Users not getting confirmation email

We've had several people sign up, but none has confirmed.

So I assume none are getting the confirmation email. How can I be sure VB is sending it?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    There is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• Blackbird2005
    replied
    This is a feature in 3.5.0. You would need to upgrade.
    no way add this option to 3.0.9 ?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by Bazicenter
    how can i (go to page ) create ?
    This is a feature in 3.5.0. You would need to upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• Blackbird2005
    replied
    how can i (go to page ) create ?
    Last edited by Blackbird2005; Tue 25 Oct '05, 7:47am.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Please start a new thread in the appropriate forum with all the relevant info.

Leave a comment:

• Blackbird2005
    replied
    hi evrey body
    i have problem
    when i want to get back up from forum on the host i get in trouble
    what shoud i do ?
    the error is :
    Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded
    in /home/bazicent/public_html/forums/includes/adminfunctions_backup.php on line 39
    in fact on this topic(posthash) ,it gives that error
    please guide me

thanks alot

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Please start a new thread in the appropriate forum with all the relevant info.

Leave a comment:

• turkboard
    replied
    admincp outside me !!!!

ım entering user name and pass admincp and outside me admincp.again entering page to come back.Problem is cookie time ? im not entering admincp help me plase.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    1. http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/forums_intro

2. Yes, too many forums can affect performance. How many do you plan to have?

3. The postbit template is the template that contains the posts (for instance this post.) Here's a pic:

I suggest starting with the Online Documentation.

Leave a comment:

• Jirina
    replied
    No one can help...?

Leave a comment:

• Jirina
    replied
    Sorry if these questions are elementary but I've tried to purchase a 'VBulletin for Dummies' or equivalent, some easy, step by step guide, without success...

1) What is a 'category' as opposed to a 'forum' and what is its chief plus points, ie.what is it mainly used for?

2) Does adding many forums (or possibly categories) significantly affect site performance, or is that mainly down to number of posts and members going online?

3) I've seen the 'postbit' mentioned and it seems to be important but have no idea what this means. Can anyone tell me? (Is there a simply worded glossary of terms somewhere?)

I have my site up and running but really WOULD like to get more proficient in VBulletin to constantly improve it. Are there any helpful "dummies"-style books out there AT ALL? (My local major bookshop could find not a SINGLE reference to Vbulletin on their computer. (Waterstones here in the UK.)

Anyone...? Thank you.

~
    Last edited by Jirina; Mon 15 Aug '05, 5:28am.

Leave a comment:

• Annacia
    replied
    Gender Markers

Sorry if this has already been asked but is it possible to place M or F gender markers somewhere around the avatar and making it a mandatory selection in the profiles? If so how??

Thx

Leave a comment:

• misscalibuzz
    replied
    Q9 Quick Fix Not Working

Q9. Where can I set Avatar / Profile Picture settings?

A9. This is now done on a per usergroup basis
    AdminCP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Click on go for the usergroup you want to assign Avatar / Profile Picture settings.
    Edit Picture Uploading Permissions settings

vBulletin 3.0.7
    I have checked in both the usergroup area and the general settings for avatars/profile pictures, and no members in our 1,000+ member forum are seeing avatars or profile pictures. However, I am able to see uploaded profile pictures in individual user profiles in admincp.

Any ideas of how to fix this???

Also, signatures are not showing either...

PLEASE...

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...