X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fredrik_Arvid
    • Jun 2005
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Fredrik_Arvid
    My users can make a choice from a Multiple Choice Fields where they are living. I would like to put this information in to the postbit, but instead of there location it shows 2048 - a number in the postbit!
    Is it possible to show information in the postbit generated from a Multiple Choice Fields?
    I found the answer to my question here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...fields+postbit

Comment

• misscalibuzz
      • Aug 2005

Q9 Quick Fix Not Working

Q9. Where can I set Avatar / Profile Picture settings?

A9. This is now done on a per usergroup basis
      AdminCP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Click on go for the usergroup you want to assign Avatar / Profile Picture settings.
      Edit Picture Uploading Permissions settings

vBulletin 3.0.7
      I have checked in both the usergroup area and the general settings for avatars/profile pictures, and no members in our 1,000+ member forum are seeing avatars or profile pictures. However, I am able to see uploaded profile pictures in individual user profiles in admincp.

Any ideas of how to fix this???

Also, signatures are not showing either...

PLEASE...

Comment

• Annacia
        • Aug 2005
        • 3.5.x

Gender Markers

Sorry if this has already been asked but is it possible to place M or F gender markers somewhere around the avatar and making it a mandatory selection in the profiles? If so how??

Thx

Comment

• Jirina
          • Jul 2005

Sorry if these questions are elementary but I've tried to purchase a 'VBulletin for Dummies' or equivalent, some easy, step by step guide, without success...

1) What is a 'category' as opposed to a 'forum' and what is its chief plus points, ie.what is it mainly used for?

2) Does adding many forums (or possibly categories) significantly affect site performance, or is that mainly down to number of posts and members going online?

3) I've seen the 'postbit' mentioned and it seems to be important but have no idea what this means. Can anyone tell me? (Is there a simply worded glossary of terms somewhere?)

I have my site up and running but really WOULD like to get more proficient in VBulletin to constantly improve it. Are there any helpful "dummies"-style books out there AT ALL? (My local major bookshop could find not a SINGLE reference to Vbulletin on their computer. (Waterstones here in the UK.)

Anyone...? Thank you.

~
          Last edited by Jirina; Mon 15 Aug '05, 5:28am.

Comment

• Jirina
            • Jul 2005

No one can help...?

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

1. http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/forums_intro

2. Yes, too many forums can affect performance. How many do you plan to have?

3. The postbit template is the template that contains the posts (for instance this post.) Here's a pic:

I suggest starting with the Online Documentation.

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• turkboard
                • Jul 2005

admincp outside me !!!!

ım entering user name and pass admincp and outside me admincp.again entering page to come back.Problem is cookie time ? im not entering admincp help me plase.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

Please start a new thread in the appropriate forum with all the relevant info.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Blackbird2005
                    • Sep 2005
                    • 4.2.x

hi evrey body
                    i have problem
                    when i want to get back up from forum on the host i get in trouble
                    what shoud i do ?
                    the error is :
                    Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded
                    in /home/bazicent/public_html/forums/includes/adminfunctions_backup.php on line 39
                    in fact on this topic(posthash) ,it gives that error
                    please guide me

thanks alot

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

Please start a new thread in the appropriate forum with all the relevant info.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Blackbird2005
                        • Sep 2005
                        • 4.2.x

how can i (go to page ) create ?
                        Last edited by Blackbird2005; Tue 25 Oct '05, 7:47am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Bazicenter
                          how can i (go to page ) create ?
                          This is a feature in 3.5.0. You would need to upgrade.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Blackbird2005
                            • Sep 2005
                            • 4.2.x

This is a feature in 3.5.0. You would need to upgrade.
                            no way add this option to 3.0.9 ?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              • Jul 2000

There is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• matt621
                                • Mar 2003

Users not getting confirmation email

We've had several people sign up, but none has confirmed.

So I assume none are getting the confirmation email. How can I be sure VB is sending it?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...