simplest image gallery to work with vb 3.0?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AshAbed
    • Nov 2003

simplest image gallery to work with vb 3.0?

I could probably have said that better... but what i meant is photopost works great with vb 2.0 and i was wondering if it is as easy to set up with 3.0... or if its at all possible to set it up with vb 3.0
    and if it isnt it would be great if someone could refer me to something like it that I could use with vb 3.0
    Thanks
  • chas_h
    • Jan 2004
    • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Good question...

I am also interested in any input on what folks are using for an image gallery with VB3.

Chas.
    Chas.

Photography discussion forum
    http://talkphoto.net

Comment

• Princeton
      • Sep 2001

check the photopost site as it is already integrated with vb3
      Liquid Layout = Less Ad Revenue?
      How to Monetize Your Site

More features does NOT equal progress (Less is More)

Administrator:
      vBulletin.org - #1 Community for vBulletin Modifications
      allnurses.com - #1 Community for Nurses

Comment

• Infopro
        • Jun 2003
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by princeton
        check the photopost site as it is already integrated with vb3
        Not without some work, and its not as great as it may seem. It looks like vb2.x and they really need to get up to date with all things vb3 IMHO.

Comment

• boatdesign
          • Jun 2001

Photopost does run very nicely with vBulletin 3 and there are only two configuration variables you need to set to make it run correctly with vB3 RC2.

Also there are templates available at photopostdev.com that integrate the vB3 CSS if you use the vbulletin headers - if not you can still copy the css definitions over pretty easily. It's not a 100% match but it compliments vBulletin very nicely.
          Boat Design & Boat Building Forums

Comment

• Infopro
            • Jun 2003
            • 3.8.x

Thats not true at all. I have been to the photopostdev forums to see one in action, and its got the same problems that mine has.

It's posts like yours that I've read in the past and gave me the idea to purchase it. I also have the not so perfect templates.

2 variables? Send me a link to your gallery please by PM, I'd like to see it in action.

Comment

• Infopro
              • Jun 2003
              • 3.8.x

N/M I found your site. You are not using the header and footer of the forums..

Comment

• boatdesign
                • Jun 2001

N/M I found your site. You are not using the header and footer of the forums..
                I'm not pulling the header and footer from vbulletin - I just copied over the vBulleitn CSS definitions to the photopost default.css file and used the photopostdev templates. It's not exact by a long shot, but it generally fits in fairly well for a third party application. I haven't spent any time yet to tweak it because I've been having too much fun with vBulletin 3
                Last edited by boatdesign; Sun 11 Jan '04, 12:55am.

Comment

• boatdesign
                  • Jun 2001

Originally posted by Infopro
                  Thats not true at all. I have been to the photopostdev forums to see one in action, and its got the same problems that mine has.

It's posts like yours that I've read in the past and gave me the idea to purchase it. I also have the not so perfect templates.

2 variables? Send me a link to your gallery please by PM, I'd like to see it in action.
                  I don't understand - what doesn't work for you? Do the logins not work on your install? All I had to change was the bbtype from vb2 to vb3 and then enter my vBulletin customer number in the config php file to get the logins and cookies to work nicely together again after the vb2 -> vb3 RC2 upgrade. Also I had to clear out all old previous vbulletin2/photopost cookies because now it uses the bb prefix by default in both applications and the old cookies were causing a problem until I cleared my browser's cookies.

Or are you mainly unhappy with the templates? I agree the PhotoPost templates don't look identical to the vBulletin 3 templates, esp. the comment sections. But since vBulletin 3 isn't even gold yet, I guess I didn't really expect that yet and I'm just happy they run well together in terms of functionallity. I admit there is plenty of room for improvement in the templates (on my site at least ) but I still stand behind my statement that "it's not a 100% match but it compliments vBulletin nicely." And I haven't found a different gallery software that more closely matches vBulletin 3 templates.
                  Last edited by boatdesign; Sun 11 Jan '04, 1:16am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...