X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alexpcheng
    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
    In wake of more threads from people saying they can't login / stay logged in i've made this script.

Upload this script to your main forum and send the users who are having problems to it. This should allow them to remove their cookies. It doesn't just attempt to move them via one method but two.

It attempts to remove them via JavaScript and PHP.

I've tried it but I still cannot stay logged in after I close the browser. Do you know why?

Thanks,

Alex

Comment

• Icheb
      • Nov 2002

This is probably an issue with your browser settings. In Firefox there is a setting to drop all cookies after the browser was closed.

Comment

• alexpcheng
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Icheb
        This is probably an issue with your browser settings. In Firefox there is a setting to drop all cookies after the browser was closed.

I'm using IE6 and it was okay before I upgraded from vb2 to vb3. Any idea?

Thanks,

Alex

Comment

• giobuon

I've run it but I can't login in. What's happen? (sometimes I can't login in my 4rum)

Comment

• 1yesfan
            • Feb 2002
            • 3.6.x

"Upload this script to your main forum and send the users who are having problems to it. This should allow them to remove their cookies. It doesn't just attempt to move them via one method but two."

SEND USERS??? I dont understand how to make this work!?!?!?!
            Tim L
            www.yesfans.com

Comment

• teach1st
              • May 2000

Why does the mycookies script send my users after logging in (any browser) to /myforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8377 ?

We all get a 404.
              Another Fred

Comment

• iwbyte
                • Sep 2001

1yesfan: You put this script in a place like http://www.mysite.com/forum/mycookie.php and then when someone complains of an issue that might be solved by clearing their cookies, you say "try going to the page http://www.mysite.com/forum/mycookie.php"

HTH

Comment

• 1yesfan
                  • Feb 2002
                  • 3.6.x

So going there clears out the issue if it is cookie then they do nto go to the link again?
                  Tim L
                  www.yesfans.com

Comment

• iwbyte
                    • Sep 2001

Depends on if it if fixes the problem, but yes.

Comment

• teach1st
                      • May 2000

Originally posted by teach1st
                      Why does the mycookies script send my users after logging in (any browser) to /myforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8377 ?

We all get a 404.
                      Fixed. Corrupt download or somethiing.
                      Another Fred

Comment

• boiboi
                        • May 2001

will this script work for 3.0.5?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          Former Customer Support Manager
                          • Jul 2000

Originally posted by boiboi
                          will this script work for 3.0.5?
                          Yes.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• taffy056
                            • Sep 2004

Hi,

I am having a problem staying logged into one of my boards, it logs me out everytime. I have tried the fixes mycookies.php and fix_login.php scripts, but it makes no difference, also cleared all cookies etc but still have the same problem, it not only effects IE6, but Opera 7.54 also.

Tried original VB files (because my board is hacked) but the problem still persists, I am running vBulletin 3.0.5

Hope you can help

taffy
                            Free Kick
                            https://apps.facebook.com/freekick-net/forums.php

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              Former Customer Support Manager
                              • Jul 2000

Try manually deleting your cookies. To do this in IE 6.0:

Tools -> Internet Options -> Temporary Internet Files -> Settings -> View Files

Then search for the individual cookies for your domain and delete them all. The name should be in the form of:

Cookie:[email protected]
                              and
                              Cookie:[email protected]

...and any derivatives of the above. Then highlight the individual cookies and delete each one found. After this, close all browser windows and restart IE.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Dillie-O
                                • Jan 2005

Greets vBulletin staff.

I'm running into the same issue on version 3.0.3 with the login/cookieissue. I've manually deleted my cookies in Firefox 1.0, closed thebrowser, reopened it, logged in (using option to keep me logged in),closed the brower. Gone back to the site with no luck.

I've even tried logging in navigating to a few other sites, coming backto the site, and the login doesn't seem to rememeber the cookie. When Itype in my credentials, the page just refreshes itself with none of mycredentials in the form.

I've heard other people in our group are experiencing this problem.

Interestingly enough, the site works fine on my Windows 2000 machine,but not on my Windows XP SP2 machine. Could there be something in thefirewall settings tweaking things up?

Thanks in advance, I hope this info helps the ongoing thread.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...