X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ibeblunt
    • Nov 2000
    • 3.6.x

Post Go Into Moderation BUT...

I don't have it set to moderation anyone's posts beforehand.

The person in question is a moderator on my site. Only the posts they make to a private forum are going into the moderation queue for threads and posts.

I am running vB3b7.
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

check their permissions for that forum. it sounds like you have clicked All Yes when you have set them up which sets

require moderator preview of posts to yes.

change this to no and it will be back to normal.

Comment

• ibeblunt
      • Nov 2000
      • 3.6.x

Ok, for this person, I don't have any ACCESS MASK on them. Just for the purposes of clarity, I'm going to give some exact details. [It may be more information than you need to help me.]

On my site, I have an forum (category) called DL, which has a sub-forum called SOHH Circa. I have the DL forum set so that only members of DL MEMBERS, MODERATORS, SUPER-MODERATORS and ADMINISTRATOR can see and post in this area. All of the other groups can not access this area. I've checked all of the fore mentioned groups and they all have the ability to post without moderation. I'm 99.9% sure of this.

The user in question, is set for MODERATOR as the primary group and DL MEMBERS as their secondary group. [As I type this, I realize that the DL MEMBERS has less permissions than the MODERATORS, but I remember that for some reason, even though I gave MODERATORS permission to post in the DL/SOHH CIRCA forum, they weren't able to. Very strange.]

Now this user has no problem posting in any of the other forums. Just in DL/SOHH CIRCA. After they alerted me of the problem, I noticed that all of the threads and posts she made in this forum were sent to MODERATION.

* Can anyone tell me what the original ID is for the moderator group? My moderator group ID is 26.

Any ideas?

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

The original mod usergroup is 7

You have a PM as well

Comment

• peterska2
          • Oct 2003
          • 3.7.x

fixed it.

It was as I said. You had got the moderators usergroup set to Moderate new posts in that forum.

Should be OK now though.

Any more problems just shout

HTH

Comment