• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • melchiorus
    • Dec 2003
    • 3.0.0 Gamma

Porting vB2 skins to vb3

Hello,

I have some paid skins I got during the whole vBulletin version 2 thing and now that I've upgraded to vB3, I want to port them over rather then having to buy new templates that I don't even like as much. Can someone point me to a tutorial or script that converts vb2 skins to vb3 skins? I'm using vBulleting 3 Gamma if you need to know such. Thanks in advance!
  • melchiorus
    • Dec 2003
    • 3.0.0 Gamma

Sorry, I accidently put this in the wrong forum. If you could, please move this to vBulleting 3 "How Do I...?" forum.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
      • Dec 2000
      • 3.6.x

There is no algorithm to convert vB2 skins to vB3 since the two style systems are so different. The conversion would need to be done "manually." You might try asking the person who made the skins if there are vB3 versions.

Comment

• melchiorus
        • Dec 2003
        • 3.0.0 Gamma

I've already asked. I might as well do it myself. What exactly must I do?

Comment

• venomous
          • Feb 2003

I'm in the same boat, i want know i transfor vbulleti2 style into a vb3 style

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

What you exactly must do is redo all your customizations manually in the new templates.

Every template has changed in vBulletin 3 Gamma and they are not backwards compatible with vBulletin 2.X. You will have to review each HTML change made in your vBulletin 2.X style and manually apply it to the new templates.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• venomous
              • Feb 2003

The problem is that i'm not familiar with the vbulletin templates, and this is a skin of ravio. Probally i will remain with vbulleti 2.X and i will upgrade in future, consider that this will be the forum of my biz and i want a cool template.

Comment

• melchiorus
                • Dec 2003
                • 3.0.0 Gamma

Yeah, I'm just going to stay with vbulletin 2 until 3 is stable and has more hacks and templates for it. I look forward to the stable release of 3! Nice work guys!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...