Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Craig A
    • Apr 2000

Duplicate column name 'thumbnail_dateline'

I have encountered a problem whilst upgrading to Gamma. I am currently running a 'live' version of 2.2.8 at www.ten-tenths.com/forum/ and I've taken a backup and had that working succesfully on a 'closed' forum at www.craigantill.com/forum/

I upgraded that to 2.3.3 and then got stuck in to the upgrade to 3.0.0 Gamma. I managed to succesfully complete all of the steps until it comes to http://www.craigantill.com/forum/ins...de6.php?step=1 where I encounter the dreaded 'there seems to have been a slight problem' error!

This is the content of that error message from the source code:

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.0 Beta 7:

Invalid SQL: ALTER TABLE attachment ADD thumbnail_dateline INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL
    mysql error: Duplicate column name 'thumbnail_dateline'

mysql error number: 1060

Date: Sunday 28th of December 2003 01:54:13 PM
    Script: http://www.craigantill.com/forum/ins...de6.php?step=1
    Referer:
    IP Address: 62.255.64.5
    I've looked with phpMyAdmin and there is a column called 'thumbnail_dateline' in the attachment table - is it safe to simply drop this column and continue the upgrade???

Hopefully this link should provide you with some other info which may be of assistance: http://www.ten-tenths.com/phpinfo.php

Look forward to your suggestions!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

That column shouldn't exist in the default vB 2.x. Did you install any hacks? Also did you run the database conflicts script prior to attempting the upgrade to vB3?

Purpose: The attached script is to be used to find any conflicting database tables and columns on your vBulletin 2 installations. Please note that this script will not alter your database in anyway, it will simply identify any problems that may exist. You will need to rectify this before you can attempt the vBulletin 3
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Craig A
      • Apr 2000

It *doesn't* exist in my vB2 database: http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/database_conflicts.php

Not really sure why it's been flagged as a problem to be honest. I succesfully completed the upgrade last night but was then unable to gain access to the control panel due to a cookie problem. As I was unable to post on this forum for support at that point I decided to remove the upgraded database and start afresh - making sure not to repeat my error this time. All looked golden until the upgrade from the final beta to gamma but, obviously, it was not meant to be!

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

The only other way this could have been added is if you had previously run the upgrade script on the database.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Craig A
          • Apr 2000

Well, like I say, I deleted the database and ran the thing again on the new backup. Never mind how it got there anyway - what should I do to get rid of it and allow the upgrade to continue?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Since you have a backup, drop that column and try the upgrade again.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Craig A
              • Apr 2000

Okay, did that, and got this:

Invalid SQL: ALTER TABLE searchindex RENAME postindex
              mysql error: Table 'tentenths_forum_upgrade.searchindex' doesn't exist
              mysql error number: 1146
              Date: Sunday 28th of December 2003 06:48:46 PM
              Script: http://www.craigantill.com/forum/ins...tep=1?rand=662
              Referer:
              So, once again, I dropped that column and renamed the postindex table back to searchindex. Tried again and I got this:

Invalid SQL: ALTER TABLE announcement ADD allowbbcode SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL, ADD allowsmilies SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL, DROP pagehtml
              mysql error: Can't DROP 'pagehtml'. Check that column/key exists
              mysql error number: 1091
              Date: Sunday 28th of December 2003 06:53:31 PM
              Script: http://www.craigantill.com/forum/ins...tep=1?rand=662
              Referer:
              Looks pretty ****ed up to me I hope you've got a suggestion as I really haven't got another couple more hours to waste with this Help!

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                Former vBulletin Developer
                • May 2000
                • 1.1.x

All of this is happening because this database has already had the upgrade ran on it.

Comment

• Craig A
                  • Apr 2000

Well that's very odd seeing as it stopped halfway through the upgrade So, if it is actually complete how do I get into the admin panel to open the forum?

Comment

• Craig A
                    • Apr 2000

No ideas? I'm gonna skip right to step 2 then and hope for the best...

Comment

• Craig A
                      • Apr 2000

Well it *seems* to have worked. Very strange.

However - am I supposed to lose all of my replacement variables during the upgrade? I have around 100 different styles setup with using various header/footers etc. but they're all broken! Is this right?

Comment

• Craig A
                        • Apr 2000

Still no idea?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

The templates have changed completely in Gamma and earlier templates cannot be used.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Craig A
                            • Apr 2000

Understand that. But why have the replacement values not been imported? Is there any way that I can import the replacements into the new setup? If not then 3.0 is going to be a complete waste of time for me and I'll be unable to upgrade

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              • Jul 2000

Unfortunatley I didn't have any replacements in my test upgrade so I can't answer that question decisively.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...