Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gustav
    • Jul 2001

Reply WIHTOUT quote non-quick?

This is annoyuing that its always quoted when you click on the small reply button next to a post esp. with images, when the images are repeated all over again.

Is there some solution to this?
  • Gustav
    • Jul 2001

Oops I want this in the VB3 forum thanks.

Comment

• admiralapril
      • Oct 2001

Was this ever answered? I am also wondering how to turn off the automatic quote when I hit 'reply'. Is there a way? Thanks.

Comment

• welo
        • Sep 2003
        • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

I suspect this is an incompletion in the existing skin. If you check your image files you'll find there is a "Quote" button that isn't used anywhere, while the small "Reply" is also being used in the PM system. I went ahead and hacked it into the postbit templates. Otherwise, all you need to do is use the main reply button at the bottom. It is a little confusing though.
        "I can't seem to bring myself to say, 'Well, I guess I'll be toddling along.'
        It isn't that I can't toddle. It's that I can't guess I'll toddle."

--Robert Benchley (1889-1945)

Comment

• admiralapril
          • Oct 2001

Thanks so much, welo! I guess I was only looking at each individual post's reply button and not the big button at the bottom.

Comment

• merk
            • Jul 2001

You could just as easily add &noquote=1 into the "reply/quote" link.

Comment

• welo
              • Sep 2003
              • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Want to see something?

(in case you thought I was making it up )

If you just go into the postbit and postbit_legacy templates and switch out reply_small.gif with quote.gif, it'll become a lot less confusing. Guess they just didn't get to that around here yet.

Comment

• admiralapril
                • Oct 2001

Originally posted by welo
                Want to see something?

(in case you thought I was making it up )

If you just go into the postbit and postbit_legacy templates and switch out reply_small.gif with quote.gif, it'll become a lot less confusing. Guess they just didn't get to that around here yet.
                Thanks so much!! That actually makes it a lot less confusing. It makes sense to have the 'quote' button there instead of a 'reply' button.

Comment

• Andy
                  • Jan 2002
                  • 4.1.x

Changing Reply to Quote is going to create a new problem. In PM there will not be a Reply icon only a Quote icon.

I changed my Icon to read "Quote / Reply" and pretty much solves the problem.

This question has been covered many times. I wish the vBulletin team would change it back so in the threads it is Quote and in the PM it is Reply.

Comment

• welo
                    • Sep 2003
                    • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Doing what I just said will leave the Reply icon in the PM system.

Comment

• admiralapril
                      • Oct 2001

Originally posted by welo
                      Doing what I just said will leave the Reply icon in the PM system.
                      I changed the two templates like you suggested and in my test forum, the PM system uses the 'quote' button and not the reply button. How can I get it back to using the reply icon, while keeping the quote icon for the forum?

Comment

• welo
                        • Sep 2003
                        • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

That's pretty weird. When I originally tested this I swear it was showing both buttons correctly. Now it's not working on my test board. Hang on and I'll see if I can track this down. Maybe Andy's Reply/Quote button is the easiest option for the moment.

Comment

• welo
                          • Sep 2003
                          • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

I am now forced to assume I was looking at a cached image, which means I owe Andy an apology. Offhand I see no easy way to get both buttons to operate independently, although since there obviously is a Quote button we can probably assume someone at vB has planned to add in this ability. Unless someone on staff has a quick fix/hack for this they're willing to share, guess we get to wait and see what RC3 brings us . Sorry about that.

Comment

• Gustav
                            • Jul 2001

Is this a bug or what?

How do I fix this? I have RC2 now.

Comment

• conqsoft
                              • Jul 2003
                              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Andy
                              I changed my Icon to read "Quote / Reply" and pretty much solves the problem.
                              I did the same thing. Makes it less confusing for the uninformed.

(Attached)
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by conqsoft; Fri 23 Jan '04, 6:43am.
                              vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...