Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VodkaFish
    • Oct 2003

Giving mods and super mods an icon / paid subsciptions

Hello, I'd like to give all the vets on my site the option to pick their title - however, I do not want to exclude my moderators and super mods from this. But - I still want people to easily identify them. Is there any easy way for me to add a little icon/graphic or even have it say their status somewhere else in the postbit?

Re: paid subscriptions - I looked around, but could not find a good FAQ to read. I'd like to implement something on my site (beginning with a "no ads" option), but I'd like to know a bit more about it before I go messing around. Could someone point me to one? (or perhaps we should start one?)

Happy holidays to all
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by VodkaFish
    Hello, I'd like to give all the vets on my site the option to pick their title - however, I do not want to exclude my moderators and super mods from this. But - I still want people to easily identify them. Is there any easy way for me to add a little icon/graphic or even have it say their status somewhere else in the postbit?
    So you want custom titles but you still want your moderators to be identified as moderators?

You might try adding a custom profile field for the custom title, and have both the custom title and status displayed in the postbit - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42905 . This way users can have custom titles and not lose their "status" titles.

Originally posted by VodkaFish
    Re: paid subscriptions - I looked around, but could not find a good FAQ to read. I'd like to implement something on my site (beginning with a "no ads" option), but I'd like to know a bit more about it before I go messing around. Could someone point me to one? (or perhaps we should start one?)
    vB2 doesn't have a subscription system. I recommend you ask about subscriptions on www.vbulletin.org , the official vB hacking site, or upgrade to vB3 which has a subscription system.

Comment

• VodkaFish
      • Oct 2003

Whoops. I completely posted this in the wrong forum. I'm running vb3 gamma. Can this thread please be moved? Sorry, and thanks

Comment

• VodkaFish
        • Oct 2003

I'm not usually bumpy, but since this was moved to a new forum, I just wanted to give a hello

Comment

• shadowbreed
          • Sep 2001

You could always make a rank for the supermod and mod usergroups and add an icon there, on our forums we let them have custom titles and add the supermod or mod title like this.
          Windows: ctrl+alt+del

Comment

• VodkaFish
            • Oct 2003

I've never been quite sure what the rank is for. I guess it makes sense I can use it like that since I can just define it to anyone within one usergroup. I was thinking that or create another profile field, as suggested above.

* edit - just saw that user rank can use a text field instead of an image, so perhaps I'll just use that.
            Last edited by VodkaFish; Thu 25 Dec '03, 7:56pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...