X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rushster
    • Jul 2001
    • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 3

Cant Accept Forum Rules

I checked over the threads on the problems with the COPPA regitrations and birthday etc and made all the changes suggested. However the problem we are having is users can accept the forum rules and fill in the their details (username / password etc etc) and then when they click accept at the bottom of the page they get...

You have chosen not to accept the forum rules, so registration can not continue.

Click here to return to the main forums page, or click the 'Back' button on your browser if you now want to agree with the forum rules.

So effectively nobody can register. Kind of urgent we get this fixed Any help would be much appreciated. This is for Gamma by the way.
  • aldamon
    • Jun 2001
    • 3.8.x

I just upgraded to RC2 and I'm encountering the same problem. I can't get past the "forum rules" when registering. If fact, I can leave the registration form completely empty and click Submit and still get the same error.

Originally posted by Rushster
    I checked over the threads on the problems with the COPPA regitrations and birthday etc and made all the changes suggested. However the problem we are having is users can accept the forum rules and fill in the their details (username / password etc etc) and then when they click accept at the bottom of the page they get...

You have chosen not to accept the forum rules, so registration can not continue.

Click here to return to the main forums page, or click the 'Back' button on your browser if you now want to agree with the forum rules.

So effectively nobody can register. Kind of urgent we get this fixed Any help would be much appreciated. This is for Gamma by the way.
    Last edited by aldamon; Tue 13 Jan '04, 7:23am.

Comment

• aldamon
      • Jun 2001
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by aldamon
      I just upgraded to RC2 and I'm encountering the same problem. I can't get past the "forum rules" when registering. If fact, I can leave the registration form completely empty and click Submit and still get the same error.
      It's working now. I had to revert the registration template.

Comment

• I, Brian
        • Feb 2003
        • 3.6.x

Hi there - I've had a number of e-mails this week from new users being unable to "accept the rules", and therefore unable to join.

Could someone please advise on what specifically to change?

This is on a vB 3 Gamma.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Brian, first try upgrading to RC4. You're five versions behind and we can no longer support older test versions.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• I, Brian
            • Feb 2003
            • 3.6.x

No problem - I kind of expected to need to upgrade.

Comment