How do I set up forum permission that would require......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tuan Le
    • Jul 2003

How do I set up forum permission that would require......

Hi,

I plan to open up a new forum area on my board. Let call it "Forum A". I would like the regular users to be able to see this "Forum A". And within this "Forum A", they can see the thread titles only. In order to view the actual posts within each thread, it would require them subscribe to a specifc subscription.

Under the Admin CP --> forum permission, I do not see a way to set this up. I only see "Can View Forum", which allow the users to see the forum. However, "Can View Others' Threads" setting would set if they can see and read the threads. I only want them to see the thread titles only, and not being able to read the posts inside.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    -Tuan
    WWW.CARBABEFORUM.COM
  • lange
    • Apr 2003

I want to know too.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

There is no built-in way to do this. It may be possible with some clever use of conditionals or ir may require hacking.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Tuan Le
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        There is no built-in way to do this. It may be possible with some clever use of conditionals or ir may require hacking.
        As always, your help is greatly appreciated.

Hopefully they will incorporate something like this into the new versions.

Cheers
        -Tuan
        WWW.CARBABEFORUM.COM

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...