• Jan 2003
    • 3.0.0 Gamma

thanks, that worked.

Comment

• Vampyre
      • Mar 2004
      • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
      You can try moving your attachments back to the database and then back out to fix it.
      Wow, this even works for 3.5.0 as well.

Thanks, Freddie.

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • May 2000
        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Vampyre
        Wow, this even works for 3.5.0 as well.

Thanks, Freddie.
        Yes, some of your directory permissions got set incorrectly. Moving them in and back out will delete the directories, that PHP can delete, and then recreate them when they are written back out. You can also issue a recursive chmod to set all of the directory permission but you would need shell access to do it.

Comment

• paintballer.ie
          • Jan 2009
          • 3.7.x

I know this is an old thread but it comes up when ever people google this question so I thought that I would add an extra piece of info.

I was having this problem. The main attachment folder was chmod to 777 and I moved the files back to the database and then back into the file system, but still no joy. I then went into the attachment and found that some sub-folders were not chmod right.

So if you are having troubles still even though you think every thing is ok, check the file permissions of all the subfolders in the attachment directory.

e.g. / attachment/9/7/3
          The Paintball Resource

Critic My site HERE

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...