Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jemichael
    • Oct 2001

Remove Post from Email Notification

Hi, I am having it email me and a few others everytime someone posts a post or a new thread to a forum. My question is where do I need to go to not have vBulletin put that post or thread text in the email. Just a link to go read it?

Thanks!
    John
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

The email_moderator template is probably what you want.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• jemichael
      • Oct 2001

I posted this in the wrong forum. Could you move it to VB3 how to's?

I looked in Styles Edit Templates and couldnt find email moderator

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Moved.

Look at the text in that email. Then run 'Search in Phrases' for a part of that text. This will locate the phrase containing the text you want to change.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Oreo
          • Dec 2002

I would like to remove post quoting from ALL email notifications. I would perfer our members actually read the reply on the forum. Can this be done? I have searched through all the options but haven't found a place to do so. Of course I could have skipped past it with all the new features to look at. Sorry if I missed this answered in another thread but this thread came the closest to fitting my questions when I searched the forums here.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

To do this, just remove this section from the notify phrase:

*************** $pagetext ***************

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Oreo
              • Dec 2002

Steve, could you point me to the place for the above edit? I have tried the search function but didn't get anything for a result. I have been able to handle most edits with older versions but have yet to fully understand the complete layout of this one.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Phrase Manager -> Email Subject Text -> Page 2/2 -> notify [edit]

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• rburns
                  • Mar 2002
                  • 3.6.x

Think you mean Email Body text steve.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

Yep.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Shoonra
                      • Oct 2000

Steve - I have tried modifying the notify phrase several times and it keeps reverting back to the default (with the post included). What should I do?
                      CatForums
                      Verdant Gardening Forums
                      If you have pets/home and family related forums, hit me up for a link exchange!

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

I can't duplicate this problem. When I change a template it stays changed. Can you describe exactly how you are doing this?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Shoonra
                          • Oct 2000

I go to - Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Phrase Manager -> Email Subject Text -> Page 2/2 -> notify [edit]
                          At the top is says -
                          Standard Phrase: notify (id: 76554)
                          Varname$vbphrase[notify]TextHello $touser[username], $bbuserinfo[username] has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - $threadinfo[title] - in the $foruminfo[title] forum of $vboptions[bbtitle]. This thread is located at: $vboptions[bburl]/showthread.php?t=$threadinfo[threadid]&goto=newpost Here is the message that has just been posted: *************** $pagetext *************** There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again. Yours, $vboptions[bbtitle] team ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unsubscription information: To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page: $vboptions[bburl]/subscription.php?do=usub&t=$threadinfo[threadid] To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page: $vboptions[bburl]/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=alle visit this page: $vboptions[bburl]/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all">

As far as I could
                          see I couldn't edit anything through there. So I moved on to the second part of the page - translations.

Under translations I work on English (US) Translation (Optional)
                          And I changed it to the following -

Code:
                          Hello $touser[username],
                          $bbuserinfo[username] has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - $threadinfo[title] - in the $foruminfo[title] forum of $vboptions[bbtitle].
                          This thread is located at:
                          $vboptions[bburl]/showthread.php?t=$threadinfo[threadid]&goto=newpost
                          There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.
                          Yours,
                          $vboptions[bbtitle] team
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          Unsubscription information:
                          To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
                          $vboptions[bburl]/subscription.php?do=usub&t=$threadinfo[threadid]
                          To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:
                          $vboptions[bburl]/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all
                          And I hit save. It was saved indeed. The bottom part of the page (the editable part where it says translations) indeed doesn't show the body of the message any longer. However users are still getting it in their emails and it still shows up at the top part of the page (the standard phrase).

What am I doing wrong?
                          CatForums
                          Verdant Gardening Forums

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            • Jul 2000

Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the headinclude, header or phpinclude templates? If not, fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks or added code, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Shoonra
                              • Oct 2000

Not sure what to do as I have added code to the header (just banners running at the top of my forums) but no hacks. Do I have to take out the banners first? I'd rather not to as I am running lots of styles and I'll have to make the changes in all of them :S
                              CatForums
                              Verdant Gardening Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...