Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sean335
    • Oct 2001

Uploading large files.

I'm having some trouble getting attachments to work with large files (i've tried 3mb and larger files and they don't work). The file seems to upload file, but instead of taking me back to the manage attachments page, it gives me the database error page. Can i change the attachment field type to something else to allow as large of files as possible?
  • Tim Wheatley
    • Jan 2002

You should be altering attachment sizes in the admin panel... Under attachments > extensions.

You can then assign txt files to 1mb (mamimum they'd ever be) and zip to 100000000000000000000000000mb if you want

But you're getting sql errors? That's not normal... I think you have other problems, first thing anyone will ask after me is for the error, cos we can't help sort the error without seeing it.

Comment

• sean335
      • Oct 2001

the error i'm getting is:
      mysql error: MySQL server has gone away
      mysql error number: 2006

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

This is a server issue. You'll need to contact your host about this. Here are the reasons for the MySQL server going away:

Also please note that your host will need to configure both PHP and MySQL to allow such large file uploads into the database.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...