Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jtracy
    • Mar 2001

Error at Step 9

Greetings. I'm trying to upgrade to VB3beta4 and at Step 9 of the process I receive the following error:

Step 9) Alter User Table (part 2)

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: array_sum() in /home/virtual/edited/home/httpd/html/forums/install/upgrade1.php on line 1709

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by jtracy; Sat 28 Jun '03, 2:57pm.
  • jtracy
    • Mar 2001

I'm still looking for help with this problem. My forum has been closed the entire day and I'm being inundated with error messages from people trying to access it. Any help in resolving this install issue so that I may get my forum back online would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Apr 2000
      • 3.6.x

array_sum was a function added in PHP 4.0.4. vBulletin 3 requires 4.0.6 to function correctly.

I would recommend that you have your host upgrade your PHP (or you do it if you're on a dedicated server) as the latest version is 4.3.2.

If that is not feasible at this time, you will have to revert to your vB 2 backup until the upgrade is possible.

Comment

• jtracy
        • Mar 2001

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
        array_sum was a function added in PHP 4.0.4. vBulletin 3 requires 4.0.6 to function correctly.

I would recommend that you have your host upgrade your PHP (or you do it if you're on a dedicated server) as the latest version is 4.3.2.

If that is not feasible at this time, you will have to revert to your vB 2 backup until the upgrade is possible.
        Thanks, Ed. I'll do so immediately.

Comment