Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TraceyPRO
    • Jan 2003
    • 3.0.0 'Gold'

I was having the same problem at first. I thought that there would be a conflict with the vB2/vB3 cookies and that seemed to be true. I just cleared my cookies while the browser was closed and logged back on. Haven't had a problem since. I then added an announcement and the members followed suit. Nobody has reported a problem since.

Comment

• Mephisteus
      • Aug 2002
      • 3.7.x

This problem exists when the domain for the cookie isn't set on 2 boards you are on. The board you won't get logged out on will always work, but any other won't (I think)
      A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

• Chris M
        • Apr 2002
        • 3.6.x

I have 2 active forums, one vB3, one vB2 (2 licences), and I have none of these problems...

Could it be because one is a subdomain, and the other is www.darkblazes.com/forums?

Satan

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Dec 2000

Originally posted by S3rg1o
          Here's proof that it doesn't work

That cookie is for 1 year, yet it will not work in 5 minutes.
          What is the path for your vB3 forum?

if it is set to /forum and that cookie that exists was set by /

then the script will be unable to remove the cookie and the one in / will always overwrite the other as soon as the browser is closed.
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
            • May 2000
            • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
            What is the path for your vB3 forum?

if it is set to /forum and that cookie that exists was set by /

then the script will be unable to remove the cookie and the one in / will always overwrite the other as soon as the browser is closed.
            pcgamemods.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, pcgamemods.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
              • Dec 2000

Thanks freddie.

Well the cookie path is identical.

I'll have a think about this then.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Paul
                • Dec 2001
                • 3.6.x

Something is wrong with cookies. What it is, I have no idea. There is, as far as I can tell, no specification that demands that cookies with a higher path override cookies with a more specific path, but I'd be open to any RFC that would suggest otherwise.

Perhaps giving us an option to append a prefix to the cookie name would help, if this is in fact a conflict with two versions on the same domain (i.e. prefix_bbuserinfo). I've manually deleted cookies over and over again to no avail. Regardless of whether or not I visit my vb2 forum, vb3 always seems to have random logout problems, especially when using the admincp.

Comment

• Chris M
                  • Apr 2002
                  • 3.6.x

I myself am not experiencing this, but one of my Administrators is...

Satan

Comment

• MelanieC
                    • Oct 2002

I have several users that are also experiencing log out problems. I am only running one board and they are not using AOL as their ISP. So, if there is any advice, I can use it!

-Melanie

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...