Step 12 = not responding for some reason.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kayn
    • Nov 2000

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
    You could try running REPAIR TABLE attachment; and see if that helps.
    Attachment? I didn't see an attachment - is there one somewhere?

(thanks )
    Pluh.com (random nonsense) - Psychostick.com (my stupid band) - Collectiveunderground.com (AZ local music site) - Evacuatechicago.com

Comment

• Kayn
      • Nov 2000

Dark Wizard, I sent you a PM regarding AIM.
      Pluh.com (random nonsense) - Psychostick.com (my stupid band) - Collectiveunderground.com (AZ local music site) - Evacuatechicago.com

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Apr 2000
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Kayn
        Attachment? I didn't see an attachment - is there one somewhere?

(thanks )
        No attachment; that was literally the query I wanted you to run.

Code:
        REPAIR TABLE attachment;
        What was the MySQL error you got when browsing the table?

Comment

• Kayn
          • Nov 2000

It was something like:

mysql error (-1)

That's not exactly the error, but it was something very similar

Comment

• Kayn
            • Nov 2000

Question...

If I find a way to delete the attachement table, what is the table structure so I can create a new one?

if I do delete it (which I really don't mind doing that), will I start getting errors in threads where attachments are?

Thanks. I couldn't get the repair table query to work either, it just hung there.

Comment

• Dark_Wizard
              • Jan 2001
              • 3.6.x

If I find a way to delete the attachement table, what is the table structure so I can create a new one?

if I do delete it (which I really don't mind doing that), will I start getting errors in threads where attachments are?

Thanks. I couldn't get the repair table query to work either, it just hung there.
              Kayn...I think it's your MySQL server...can you provide me a vb2.3.0 backup? I can check the db out and do an upgrade on my test server for you and send you a copy of the db...

Comment

• Kayn
                • Nov 2000

Originally posted by Dark_Wizard
                Kayn...I think it's your MySQL server...can you provide me a vb2.3.0 backup? I can check the db out and do an upgrade on my test server for you and send you a copy of the db...
                I'll work on getting this to you ASAP! Thanks!

Comment

• DirectPixel
                  • Jan 2002
                  • 3.5.x

If you delete your attachment table, you will loose all of your forum's attachments.

Try running the query Ed Sullivan posted, and then try running the install script again.
                  :)

Comment

• Kayn
                    • Nov 2000

Originally posted by DirectPixel
                    If you delete your attachment table, you will loose all of your forum's attachments.

Try running the query Ed Sullivan posted, and then try running the install script again.
                    I did both.

The script HANGS when I try the fix table query. It also hangs when I run the install script again.

Losing all of my forums attachments is trivial to me - I don't really care about that a whole lot. I would like to keep them, but if I lost them, I would live.

I just want to get everything fixed. If I could delete the attachments table (where the corruption seems to lie), then I'd be fine. That's a last resort though.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      Former Customer Support Manager
                      • Jul 2000

Did you try running repair.php on the database prior to upgrading?
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Kayn
                        • Nov 2000

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                        Did you try running repair.php on the database prior to upgrading?
                        I didn't think to run that, because I ran all the other scripts that made sure my database was vb 3.0 compliant.

Argh!

Comment

• Dark_Wizard
                          • Jan 2001
                          • 3.6.x

Kayn...if you don't have any luck with Steve's suggestion send me your backup of the 2.3.0 db and I will run an upgrade against it for you. I think your problem is related with your MySQL server, the reason I feel this way is you sem to be timing out even when trying to do a repair, it may be a disk space issue with your host but I'm only guessing. This is the last chance...

Comment

• Kayn
                            • Nov 2000

You got it.

Comment

• Kayn
                              • Nov 2000

Heh. This is funny as hell.

Okay, so me and my server admin were working on this problem, and we can now get into the attachement table after we renamed it to attachment3 (WEIRD).

Why would it do that? I don't know the vbulletin database structure, but there must be something that references the attachment table that won't let us create or rename a table to "attachment"

This is very weird.

Comment

• kageki
                                • Mar 2002
                                • 3.6.x

i had problems with this step as well. My attachments table is a whopper (~200MB) so i had to break the queries in step 12 down and run them directly in mysql (not through PHP).

that got it done, but each step took a while - the indexes took about 4 minutes each.

1)
                                ALTER TABLE attachment ADD postid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL, ADD filesize INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL, ADD thumbnail MEDIUMTEXT NOT NULL, ADD filehash CHAR(32) NOT NULL, ADD posthash CHAR(32) NOT NULL;

2)
                                ALTER TABLE attachment ADD INDEX (posthash, userid);

3)
                                ALTER TABLE attachment ADD INDEX (postid);

4)
                                ALTER TABLE attachment ADD INDEX (filesize);

5)
                                ALTER TABLE attachment ADD INDEX (filehash);
                                Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...