This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Exodus

Kiers fix does not work anymore!

First all works perfect with the fix, but now a cant log in again?

Comment

• Exodus

oh sh*t i deleted something wrong in the options the time is away too http://ut2003.gamigo.de/foren/

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.0 Beta 3:
      Invalid SQL:
      ### GET THREAD IDS ###
      SELECT threadid
      FROM thread AS thread

WHERE forumid = 53
      AND sticky = 0
      AND visible = 1

ORDER BY sticky DESC, lastpost DESC
      LIMIT 0,

mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 15
      mysql error number: 1064

Comment

• Iguana
        • Jan 2003

Is there no solution? I really need this to be fixed. My members are getting impatient.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

This is beta software and it's only been out for a couple of days. You'll need to be patient as the Devs have a chance to work through the issues and find fixes.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Iguana
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            This is beta software and it's only been out for a couple of days. You'll need to be patient as the Devs have a chance to work through the issues and find fixes.
            I know, I'm just getting impatient. I can wait.

Comment

• monodax
              • Jun 2003
              • 4.1.x

Exodus: Did you try running the script again? If you did and it's not logging in then I am afraid my board will do the same thing. I figured I could just keep reexecuting the script to fix it if it goes into the loop again.

Comment

• AaronB
                • Jun 2000

Could this have anything to do with being behind a firewall?

I ask this because from home everything works great on any browser. From work it doesn't work in ANY browser, even if the browser has NEVER been to my site before. IE6, NS7 Opera 7... can't get into the AdminCP with any of them.

I didn't think that firewalls could have any real effect on cookies... but I'm wrong about a lot of things
                Aaron
                DisneySites!! MessageBoards
                http://boards.disneysites.com/

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  Former Customer Support Manager
                  • Jul 2000

It's possible depending on what exactly the firewall is blocking.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• MooMan65
                    • Jun 2002
                    • 3.5.x

Okay, here's what's been happening to me, it's not quite the same as what the title suggests, but I'm guessing it's relating to the same issue:

I asks me to log in when going to the Admin CP, which is normal as it should do that, then it loads up the main screen fine. However as I navigate around it, it seems to randomly ask me to login again at times, sometimes continuing with saving the settings, sometimes not.

After that happened I found this topic when about to post my own topic about it, I've followed everyone's directions who have suggested fixes and no dice. Kier's fix worked a bit. For example now I can login and click vBulletin Options (as an example), change the options, but when I move to another link (eg Add User), it asks me to log in again. And it repeats.

I've tried all these:

-Deleted all cookies, restarted comp, reinstalled vB3.
                    -Ran Kier's fix.
                    -Worked on the cookie domain options. My forum is installed in a forum on a subdomain, so the default / and blank boxes should be fine.

The server I'm on IS running Safe Mode, could this contribute? Although vB2 previously worked fine on the same server. I've tried both an upgrade and fresh install, and this comes up all the time.

EDIT: Correction, it's not as regular now as I mentioned, it doesn't happen as often true, but it's still occuring, and at random intervals...

EDIT 2: Okay, now it's not working period, it won't log me in at all now, this is just something that I would have thought the private test would have found out since it's something that hits you straight in the face and such a large number of people are having the same problem.
                    Last edited by MooMan65; Tue 17 Jun '03, 9:27pm.

Comment

• Michael2
                      • Oct 2001
                      • 3.8.x

Mooman - I was going to say that's exactly how mine started out. At first it was fine, then it would randomly ask me to log in (sometimes saving changes, sometimes not) and now it's simply impossible to even get into the admin CP.

Luckily I only have it installed on a test board and I did get to look aound enough to satisfy my curiousity.
                      HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
                      Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
                      iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
                      VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Comment

• MooMan65
                        • Jun 2002
                        • 3.5.x

Yep, I wasn't intending to upgrade our real board until the RC/Stable releases, although I knew it was only beta, I wasn't actually expecting such a major annoyance in the third beta.

I've made some progress in working it out, by default it doesn't work at all (keeps asking me to log in), but when I run Kier's fix that's when it lets me in, but it randomly asks me to login at times.

I've worked out a quick way to get around it, just keep your password in the clipboard (type it in a text file, then copy it), then paste it in every time to save the time typing it out. After you login when it takes you to that page where it says 'Thank you for logging {user}' I press the back button twice and click the button I originally clicked again. It always worked, sometimes it's takes two or three tries, but most of the time it works.

It does also seem to be related a bit to the time, it's not the cookie timeout as I don't spend THAT long without navigating, but it works a lot more when I navigate within a minute in the same section of the Admin CP (Search Users, vB Options etc.), but longer times it asks me to login again. When click on another section though, no matter how long it's been, always asks me to login.

So I can still work now thanks to Kier's fix, and using that method it's only a minor annoyance now, since the Back button for me keeps every change you did on a page, you shouldn't lose anything. I don't even let it go to the next page after 'Thank you for logging in' even if it may work or not, I take no chances.

Comment

• Lord Man
                          • Dec 2002

i had run kier's fix, But..
                          Attached Files
                          :cool: Lord Man :cool:

Comment

• MooMan65
                            • Jun 2002
                            • 3.5.x

It's weird, I just went onto my Admin CP through Netscape at my school and the entire thing worked perfectly! No login problems at all! Of course Netscape didn't display the CP correctly, so I still couldn't do much...

Comment

• Lord Man
                              • Dec 2002

Any 1 can help us ?
                              :cool: Lord Man :cool:

Comment

• Iguana
                                • Jan 2003

Is there no help?

Comment