X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gosia
    • May 2008

Help! My Forum went down!

Hi All,

Could someone please help me. I'm new to this and not sure what to now. I was trying to install the MGC Chatbox Evo 2.3.2 and right after I did step 4 my forum went down. I cannot even get into the Admin CP area, although it gives me the admin login page, but after I put password and ID I get page cannot be displayed.

Stupidly enough I did not backup my files. What should I do now?

These are the instructions I was following

Follow the following install instructions:
    1. Upload the content of the Files folder in your forum root.
    2. Upload the content of the Images in each of your forum styles directories.
    3. Log into the admin control panel of your forum and import the product located in the Product folder.
    4. Go in the Download/Upload item of the Language manager menu and then:
    1. Select the English language file from the Lang folder.
    2. Select the forum language to overwrite.
    3. Set the Ignore language version option to YES.
    4. Launch the upload.
    5. Edit the posbit and postbit_legacy templates and add: $mgc_cb_evo_postbit

where you want the number of chats of the users to appear in their posts on the forum (if you activate the option).
    6. Installation is finished, you just have to set the permissions of your usergroups so that they can see the chatbox, configure the chatbox settings, manage the available commands and if necessary add channels.

Thanks a million in advance
    You can accomplish nearly anything - often it just takes one phone call to the right person.
  • wda2015
    • May 2001

upload and run the tools.php script from the vb zip file..
    Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

• Gosia
      • May 2008

WebDosser,

Thank you for your reply. I did upload the tools.php and ran every test/fix on that list. I did not help with anything. Any other ideas?

Thank you
      You can accomplish nearly anything - often it just takes one phone call to the right person.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
        • Feb 2005
        • 1.1.x

That modification is not for vBulletin version 3.0.x.
        1. Try uploading original vBulletin version non-image files in ASCII mode (except install.php and images folder) to overwrite those on server

2. You can just try this to see if you have any files that do not belong or have not been overwritten from an upgrade.
          Admin Control Panel > Maintenance > Diagnostics > Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]
        3. Disable plugins from file includes/config.php and add this right under <?php on the next empty line or uninstall any modification(s) that have not been updated to work with new vBulletin stable release

PHP Code:
          <?php
          /*======================================================================*\
          || #################################################################### ||
          || # vBulletin 3.8.3 - Licence Number -------
          || # ---------------------------------------------------------------- # ||
          || # All PHP code in this file is ©2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. # ||
          || # This file may not be redistributed in whole or significant part. # ||
          || # ---------------- VBULLETIN IS NOT FREE SOFTWARE ---------------- # ||
          || # http://www.vbulletin.com | http://www.vbulletin.com/license.html # ||
          || #################################################################### ||
          \*======================================================================*/
          Code:
          <?php
          [B][COLOR="Red"]define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);[/COLOR][/B]
          || #################################################################### ||
          || # vBulletin 3.8.3 - Licence Number --------
          || # ---------------------------------------------------------------- # ||
          || # All PHP code in this file is ©2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. # ||
          || # This file may not be redistributed in whole or significant part. # ||
          || # ---------------- VBULLETIN IS NOT FREE SOFTWARE ---------------- # ||
          || # http://www.vbulletin.com | http://www.vbulletin.com/license.html # ||
          || #################################################################### ||

4. To create a new style, click the [Add New Style] link underneath the main body of the Style Manager.

This will bring up the Add New Style interface. You then choose [No Parent Style], next view using new style and do you still get this message.

Comment

• Gosia
          • May 2008

Jose Amaral Rego,

Thank you, thank you nad thank you - You are brilliant!!!!!!

I did put the code: define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true); inconfig.php
          and it worked like a charm!!! I went to the Admin CP and deleted the MGC Chatbox Evo 2.3.2

Now I should remove the code from the config.php file - right?

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
            • Feb 2005
            • 1.1.x

Yes, once you have properly uninstalled that modification, as per authors instructions.

Comment

• Gosia
              • May 2008

Done and all works great!
              Now I can go sleep happy....I will say bunch of prayers for you tonight!

God Bless you richly with whatever you do!!!

Gosia

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...