How to move the avatar and info above posts?(and I've tried the legacy opt)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PMAZ7
    • Jul 2008
    • 3.7.x

How to move the avatar and info above posts?(and I've tried the legacy opt)

I've tried the:

AdminCP > vBulletin Options > Style & Language Settings > Use Legacy Postbit > Yes

and nothing at all changes. Anything additional that I should know? I'm trying to use a different sized/proportioned avatar for our members and it would look much better (read:not terrible like it does now!) with this format. Thank you in advance!
    RacersWeb.com - The Racers Forum
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Setting that to Yes puts the user information on the left side of the postbit which is not what you want.

Are you using a custom style? Sometimes designers copy the postbit template into the postbit_legacy template (or vice versa) so that you don't have the option of changing from one to the other.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• PMAZ7
      • Jul 2008
      • 3.7.x

Yes, I am using a custom style. Any ideas on some possible moves? I'm completely new to this whole form of programming and not that smart to begin with!

Thank you again in advance Lynne and anyone else willing to help a desperate soul!

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Well, you can ask the style designer about the template. Or, you can copy a default Jelsoft template into the style template, although depending on how modified it was, it may not be exactly how you want it to be.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• PMAZ7
          • Jul 2008
          • 3.7.x

Unfortunately I think the original designer is M.I.A. and I would have to look into a new designer to modify. I'll check over at vb.org, thanks again for your help!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...