X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mintsgurl
    • Mar 2007

Error msg on Step 2.

I need some SERIOUS help..

I changed my config.php file, i also replaced the txt in my class_core.php file and I am STILL getting this msg.

Step 2) Connect to the database

Attempting to attach to database

Error description: mysql_pconnect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (46) /forum/includes/class_core.php on line 274

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

I am very confused, please help.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

The most likely cause of this error is that the info in your config.php file is wrong or your db user does not have full permissions to this database. Please read this for all the known causes of this error:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• mintsgurl
      • Mar 2007

I was looking at that already, I have been doing this for about 4 hours now. I need some help, before I just give up.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

You need to create a database and db user. Here is our online documentation for creating a new database and db user:

And from the MySQL site:

You should also contact your host for specific instructions should you need them.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• mintsgurl
          • Mar 2007

okay so i finally passed that, but now I have this error:

Step 2) Connect to the database

Attempting to attach to database

Connection succeeded! The database already exists.

You have already installed vBulletin; do you wish to upgrade?

Click here if you would like to see options for clearing the existing contents of your database.

I clicked and it said that could delete a table or something, but I don't want too.

and when i click upgrade (do i have to actually upgrade?)

I get this

Database error
          The database has encountered a problem.
          Please try the following:
          Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
          Open the www.imacutter.com home page, then try to open another page.
          Click the Back button to try another link.
          The www.myforum.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

????

Comment

• mintsgurl
            • Mar 2007

nvmd i just found out that my service is expired ugh, I am going to have to put this on hold for later, thanks for the help though.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...