Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adrienne
    • Dec 2006

Administrator/ Moderator Account Lock Out Question

We had someone try to login on a user's account and that locked the account and prevented the owner from logging in. Turns out it was a member just playing around with his friend, so it was not a break in attempt. We warned him, of course. But one of the other moderators had a question- what happens if someone tries to log in as admin or mod, gets those accounts locked, and prevents us from logging on? On purpose, to wreak havoc, that is.
    Do we have to wait the same as registered users until we can? Will we lose complete control over the forum or is there a Plan B?
    Thanks!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

It is only 'locked' for 15 minutes. I don't recommend this but you can turn off that system here:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Use Login "Strikes" System -> No
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Adrienne
      • Dec 2006

Don't think we'll want to do that, but thanks.

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      It is only 'locked' for 15 minutes. I don't recommend this but you can turn off that system here:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Use Login "Strikes" System -> No

Comment

• Adrienne
        • Dec 2006

We figured out what to do. We'll create another moderator account but it will have a secret name that only the mods and Admin know.

I've been watching alot of 60's British spy shows lately!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...