X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joey805
    • Jan 2004

#1062 - Duplicate entry '117?' for key 2

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if you can help me or not but I am moving a very old vb forum from one server to another. The client just wants his forum moved, no more data will be posted to it or anything.

Anyway, on to my problem...

After making a backup in mysql 4.0 off the old server, I then try to restore it to the new database on a mysql 4.1 server.

At the end of the restore, this is the error I get:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '117?' for key 2

After this error pops up at the end of the restore, it appears that the forum data is there and I am able to browse the forum, however I am not able to log in anymore. It will not accept my username and password, but works fine if I register a new account.

Anyone know how to fix this? I know, it's a really old version of VB, but I'm just trying to help someone out.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

When you import the .sql into the database, is the database 100% empty, or are you importing on top of an installed vBulletin (tables already exist)?

Also, you're asking support for someone else their forum, we therefore can't establish if that user is a licensed customer or not. Please let them post their own support questions please, I hope you understand.

Comment

• Joey805
      • Jan 2004

The datbase is empty.

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

How do you make the backup? Try using the ssh method:

mysqldump --opt -Q -u dbusername -p databasename > backupname.sql

Comment

• Joey805
          • Jan 2004

I used phpmyadmin to make the backup. Just did an export.

I'll try the ssh method, but wont be able to until tomorrow when I can get shell access.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...