X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sun Sims
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.6.x

Use attached images in body of message

I want users to be able able to attach an image and then use that image in the body of a message.

I've seen this work on other vBulletin boards, but on my board, the image shows up as a link instead of being displayed.

Here's a little example. On my board, I'm seeing what I see on this board...

... but on other boards, that little avatar would show as an image instead of a link in the body of the post.

I do have "vBulletin Options > Message Attachment Options > View Attached Images Inline" set to "Yes".

What am I missing?
    Attached Files
  • conqsoft
    • Jul 2003
    • 3.6.x

Attach image, move to the spot in the body of the message where you want the image to appear, click the Down Arrow next to the paperclip icon on the editor toolbar, choose the image you want to insert at that spot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ridgeline1 (Medium).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	3669674

Just like this.
    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

• Sun Sims
      • Mar 2007
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by conqsoft
      Attach image, move to the spot in the body of the message where you want the image to appear, click the Down Arrow next to the paperclip icon on the editor toolbar, choose the image you want to insert at that spot.

[ATTACH]22238[/ATTACH]

Just like this.
      Thanks, congsoft! That gets me a little closer, but I'm still not quite there.

The down arrow embeds code for [ATTACH]nnnn[/ATTACH], which shows the attachment's thumbnail image. I need to display the full-size image that the thumbnail is linked to.

Addendum

For an example where this is working, see this post on insimenator.net.
      (Don't be alarmed by the name of the site. It's fan site for the computer game, The Sims 2. That's not my board, but it's my post. I'm "Chairman Greg" there.)

Note that the first image in that post is the attached image, which also shows as an attached thumbnail. (Some other images in that post are coming from another site.)

The bbcode that is displaying that image is:
      [img]http://www.insimenator.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=51696&d=1167793825[/img].
      Last edited by Sun Sims; Fri 9 Mar '07, 9:45am. Reason: Adding link to an example where it works

Comment

• conqsoft
        • Jul 2003
        • 3.6.x

They have the option turned on to allow dynamic URLs in IMG tags. That's usually not a good idea, due to exploits/etc.
        vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

• Sun Sims
          • Mar 2007
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by conqsoft
          They have the option turned on to allow dynamic URLs in IMG tags. That's usually not a good idea, due to exploits/etc.
          Ohhh... I see the risk. They have a lot of images that are linked to PHP scripts, which could open up a whole new can of worms.

This is wisdom. I shall heed your advice and encourage folks to use free image hosting services. I see feature request brewing--an imagery library that can be made available as an option for specified usergroups.

Thanks, congsoft! I sincerely appreciate the help!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...