Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • intex
    • Apr 2002

Moved Hosts

I've recently moved hosts and currently experiencing problems accessing the forum. These are the steps I've performed:
    • Database backup and restore into same database name on new host
    • Transferred all forum files
    • Changed the config.php so that it references the new server name, database name, db username and db password
    The database itself looks fine when I view it with PHPAdmin. However when I try to access the forum (i.e. http://mydomain/forum/), I receive the folllowing message:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in d:\users\my_domain\public_html\forum\includes\class_core.php on line 3037

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in d:\users\my_domain\public_html\forum\includes\class_core.php on line 2955

If I attempt to access the AdminCP using http://mydomain/forum/admincp/ that seems to correctly load the AdminCP welcome page, but as soon as I try and login, I get the same message above.

Any help appreciated.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Try running optimize and repair on the tables, and mke sure all the vb files are 100% uploaded, and that there are no addons installed.

Try increasing the allowed permission time from 30 to 45 seconds.

If you kept the same domain but changed hosts... make sure the ip is 100% updated for you. So when you go to the server it isn't trying to connect to the old mysql db.

You could update the config.php file to point to the IP of the mysql server instead of just localhost. And check if the ip you get matches the new ip of the domain, and not the old one.

Comment

• intex
      • Apr 2002

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll do that, but regarding the addons - I do have a quite a few addons but how can I turn these off if I can't access AdminCP?

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Make sure the cookie path and domain are reset, upload the tools.php file to the admin directory and run it. This file is in the .zip in the do_no_upload folder. Remove it when done.

Comment

• intex
          • Apr 2002

I've uploaded the tools.php file to the AdminCP directory and run it. It comes back with the following:

Warning: main(./install/init.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in d:\users\my_domain\public_html\forum\admincp\tools.php on line 29

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './install/init.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in d:\users\my_domain\public_html\forum\admincp\tools.php on line 29

Is it just failing because it's pointing to PHP on the C: drive, which now doesn't exist on the new host? I suspect this would be the root cause.

How do I optimise and repair the database if I don't have AdminCP access, or should I simply correc the issue above first and try again?

Comment

• intex
            • Apr 2002

What file should I be looking at to address the error above, i.e. c:\php4 path?

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

You need to upload the install directory and all it's files except for install.php and the upgrade*.php files.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• intex
                • Apr 2002

OK, I've uploaded tools.php and confirmed that the domain and cookie prefix were already set as the defaults.

I've tried doing a 'Repair' on the database, but it fails when coming the the 'Attachments' table with exactly the same timeout issue 'Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in ......'.

I've tried running it again without the 'attachment' table and it carries on and fixes lots of other tables until it gets to 'patterns' and time out again. I run through it again and it gets further, but then stops on 'posts'.

At this point I've given up trying to fix the database as it appears that with any large tables, it's simply timing out. After the repair of the tables it managed to do, I attempted to access the forum, but just get the timeout again.

Any ideas?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  Former Customer Support Manager
                  • Jul 2000

Try this. Create an .htaccess file in your forum directory with this content:

php_value max_execution_time 600
                  php_value memory_limit 32M

This should increase your time and memory limits enough to repair the db.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...