Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thomas7g
    • Feb 2002

trouble for $15 ???

Hey fellow vb owners. I got a weird question. Normally I have a small very very peaceful forum, but my forum had to ban someone.

We all get those I get. A fact of owning VB I guess.

But I heard from someone who knows the guy that he plans to cause trouble for my forum. And it only cost him $15 to be able to do it.

Does that ring any bells for anyone? Is there some hack, or something that costs $15 that can cause a VB owner trouble?

Or is there some service or something that cost $15 that can cause trouble?

Anyone got a clue?

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I've never heard of anything like that. Please see this thread on how to make your vBulletin more secure:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• thomas7g
      • Feb 2002

Thank you, that was a good thread!

I was wondering though...Once you know the forum url, you can guess the url to the config.php file. And I worry about the security of my MYSQL database from that. How come it isn't a big security hole if you can just directly link to the file and hit "save as"?

I did write protected(with password) the "includes" folder. I hope there isn't any problem with doing that. So far though it seems to be working well.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...