X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JustJamie
    • Nov 2005
    • 3.7.x

~ Quick Help Please - Private Site NOT Private ~

It seems that guests are being able to view our site. It looks like they are getting a link from someone on our site and then are coming and reading it. It looks like they are doing it in the printable mode.

Help. How do I make our site 100% private?

Also, how do I look up traffic? I know you can look up where people are coming from to get on our site. Where links are being clicked on.

Any help with these two issues would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
    Jamie
    Jamie
    www.DFWAreaMoms.com
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Unless you have added any hacks or plugins, setting 'Can view forums' to 'No' for the Unregistered usergroup will work. Have you logged out and tried this yourself?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• JustJamie
      • Nov 2005
      • 3.7.x

Thanks. Turns out the printable version of the board is not under the same permissions as the rest of the board. So if someone knows the path name for the printable version or someone gives out a link to it, non-registered guests can view the private site. We have fixed this issue for now.

Anyone know if this is a security issue VB knows about, or is there a way to properly fix it that I don't know about? If it is VB, is it fixed in one of the next two upgrades?
      Jamie
      www.DFWAreaMoms.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

I cannot confirm this. The permissions work fine to me. Which version are you running and have you installed any hacks or plugins?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• JustJamie
          • Nov 2005
          • 3.7.x

Version 3.0.8

It seems that we set the permissions for everything but those permissions do not apply to the printable version. Anyone can access the printable version if they know the path name.

We have "fixed" it for now, but noone can access the printable version now. So no printing from our site.

ETA: We have the uTT Store hack.
          Jamie
          www.DFWAreaMoms.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

You should upgrade to 3.0.15. Also I have seen many instances where add-ons and hacks have messed up permissions.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• JustJamie
              • Nov 2005
              • 3.7.x

I would love to upgrade, but we LOVE the store hack. I wish you had a compatable hack for the upgrade.
              Jamie
              www.DFWAreaMoms.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...