X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • No-Logic
    • Oct 2005
    • 3.5.x

Upgrading from 3.5.0 to 3.5.4(latest) Question

Hey, Ive got a medium sized forum (300mb db)

I have one plugin, Event attendance v2 which isn't really used anyway. microstats for the little stats down the bottom of each page for admin. And I've done a few minor changes to the templates. Such as change the format back to legacy (with user details on the left hand side), and I added in a field for users when they sign up where they can enter their car in and it will appear in their userdata on the left of their post.

When I upgrade to 3.5.4 will I lose all these template changes. Will it give me an option to copy them across to the new templates and highlight which parts I have changed? it's been a while since I did it.. Not totally sure where all the stuff is now.

I have never performed an upgrade in vbb before. It looks like I backup my db and I'll gzip up my entire forum directory. Then overwrite the entire directory with the new files from the zip file i downloaded, then run the upgrade script and it upgrades the DB. Correct?

Any help is VERY much appreciated.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Custom templates are not overwritten, however you should review all the new version announcements to see which ones have changed and which require reverting. The cleanest thing to do would be to revert any custom templates and redo your changes.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...