Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Torqued
    • Oct 2004

Unable to log into acp - have tried fix_login.php and mycookies.php

Not sure what's happened... but I can't log into my ACP today. I'm on vBulletin 3.0.7.

I enter my login information for the ACP and it gives me the "Thank you for logging in screen", but doesn't redirect. When I click on the "Proceed" or "Click here if your browser doesn't redirect", it just takes me back to the login again.

I've tried running the mycookies.php (to delete cookies) and the fix_login.php scripts found here in the forum and am still unable to log in to my acp.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

If you've really done all that then what does tools.php show for your cookie domain and path?

You may need to reupload all the original 3.0.7 files.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Torqued
      • Oct 2004

the tools.php from my 3.0.7 files only has these options:

[Style] This will take the latest style from ./install/vbulletin-style.xml
      [Settings] This will take the latest settings from ./install/vbulletin-settings.xml
      [Language] This will take the latest language from ./install/vbulletin-language.xml
      Datastore Cache
      [Usergroup / Forum Cache] Update the forum and usergroup cache
      [Options Cache] Update the options cache from the setting table
      MySQL
      [Run Query] This allows you to run alter and update queries on the database
      [Repair Tables] You can select tables that need repaired here
      MySQL
      [Reset Admin Access] Reset admin access for a user
      I didn't see anything for reporting cookie domain/path.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

I just looked at the tools.php file from 3.0.7 and if definitely has the cookie domain and path options in it.

Code:
        [SIZE=2]$vboptions['cookiedomain'] = iif($vboptions['cookiedomain'] == '', ' ( blank ) ', '<b>' . htmlspecialchars_uni($vboptions['cookiedomain']) . '</b>');
        $vboptions['cookiepath'] = iif($vboptions['cookiepath'] == '', ' ( blank ) ', '<b>' . htmlspecialchars_uni($vboptions['cookiepath']) . '</b>');[/SIZE]

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Torqued
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          I just looked at the tools.php file from 3.0.7 and if definitely has the cookie domain and path options in it.

Code:
          [SIZE=2]$vboptions['cookiedomain'] = iif($vboptions['cookiedomain'] == '', ' ( blank ) ', '<b>' . htmlspecialchars_uni($vboptions['cookiedomain']) . '</b>');
          $vboptions['cookiepath'] = iif($vboptions['cookiepath'] == '', ' ( blank ) ', '<b>' . htmlspecialchars_uni($vboptions['cookiepath']) . '</b>');[/SIZE]

Odd. I copied the tools.php from my 3.0.7 files and it actually says 3.0.1 @ the bottom of the tools.php screen.

I reuploaded my 3.0.7 files and that seems to have sorted things out.. am in the process of upgrading to 3.5.4 now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...