Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adam_99uk
    • Apr 2005

thread views not correct, please help!

Here is a link to a particular forum we have and you can see the top several threads all have 1 more view than they have posts. This is completely not correct, they should have way more views, whats going wrong, any ideas? I have performed the maintenance and still the same.

musclesoc.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, musclesoc.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
  • conqsoft
    • Jul 2003
    • 3.6.x

It sounds like you have your views set to not update immediately (which is fine; I do the same), but there's a cron job that needs to run each hour that updates the counts.

Make sure all the default scheduled tasks are still set up, and make sure that if you have modified your footer template you didn't remove the $cronimage code.
    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

• adam_99uk
      • Apr 2005

You've lost me there lol, i didnt do any of the modifications myself. The views have been incorrect for a long time, they never seem to update properly. What would cause it to never update? (in fact i think it seems to only update by 1 view when a post is made)

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
        • Nov 2004
        • 3.8.x

Like conqsoft said, they are probably not updated because your Scheduled Tasks are not running. This can be caused by modifications in the footer Template.
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• adam_99uk
          • Apr 2005

ok thanks, so how would i put the scheduled tasks back again?

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
            • Nov 2004
            • 3.8.x

Did you check the Scheduled Task logs to see if they are running or not?

Try running manual, by clicking on Run Now.

Try reverting your 'footer' Template.
            Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
            Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...