Clear All
  • mayhemmike
    • Jul 2004

SQL Errors: VB 3.0.7 for past two weeks

Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
    mysql error:

mysql error number: 0

The board has been up and running with this version for no problem since this release. This is our slow period, so I don;t have that many users on at a time: 300 to 600 in an hour's span.

i've had periods where I have had over 1200 members on at one time with no problem.

My webserver host claims they see SQL Injections or that I am being DOSed from several IPs.

The purported traffic is so bad that is shuts my server down along with my other websites creating inaccessible pages and SQL erros on my other sites.

I am assuming it's VB since after I shut it down, SQL errors have stopped.

I have not made any changes to any pf my CMS or VB php programs in over one month.

Mike
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This is the issue:

My webserver host claims they see SQL Injections or that I am being DOSed from several IPs.

There is nothing you can do from the vB end to fight off a DoS attack. This needs to be handled on tthe server level.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...