X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clarefnm
    • Apr 2004
    • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Upgrade from 3.0.0 to 3.5.2

We're currently running 3.0.0 with the various patches installed, but am aware that we really ought to upgrade. But I keep putting it off because I'm too scared. Two questions:

- What are the pros and cons of upgrading to 3.5.2 as opposed to 3.0.11?
    - When I upgrade the bulletin board, will I have to go through everything in the Control Panel to set up all the forums/users/templates again? (I'm not sure whether I have the stamina!)

Thanks for your help!
  • steven s
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by clarefnm
    We're currently running 3.0.0 with the various patches installed, but am aware that we really ought to upgrade. But I keep putting it off because I'm too scared. Two questions:

- What are the pros and cons of upgrading to 3.5.2 as opposed to 3.0.11?
    - When I upgrade the bulletin board, will I have to go through everything in the Control Panel to set up all the forums/users/templates again? (I'm not sure whether I have the stamina!)

Thanks for your help!
    You will need to revert your templates. But the good news is once you have 3.5.x installed, the plugin system makes updating a joy. I have updated from 3.5.0 Gold to .1 and .2 with several plugins. With the exception of vBadvanced, I had to do nothing. OK, I had to revert 2 templates. But upgrading is so much easier with the plugin system.
    ...steven
    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• omsa
      • Jul 2004

I have this same fear. Reverting the templates specifically. When I "revert" them, I lose all the work I have done as far as colors etc on the site correct?

How do I upgrade and keep all the custom work I have done for my theme?

www.omsa.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...