Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SCI
    • Jul 2005

Questions before Upgrade to 3.50

I am currently running 3.07 and want to upgrade to the newest version bad. This is my first time upgrading. I have 2 questions before I do it. I have 1 hack which I don't care about. Its the HMTL version email hack. The only other things I have done with my forum is change the default colors, Change the forum width, edited the header and footer templates with some banners, and made a couple of VBulliten powered addon pages.

What will I lose and what will be gone when I do the upgrade?? Also, will all the VBulletin options be the same after upgrade or will I have to do them all over again?

Thanks!!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Upgrading will always overwrite any hacks or changes you made to the vB files. However it will not
    overwrite custom templates. Nonetheless you should seriously consider reverting any updated templates to get the full advantage of all bug fixes and improvements.

None of the style colors or any other settings will be overwrittten. Please view the upgrade documentation here:

And here are detailed instructions for upgrading from 3.0.x to 3.5.0:
    Upgrading vBulletin FAQ From time to time the vBulletin team will release new vBulletin updates, be it major or minor it is generally best to upgrade as soon as possible, regardless of any hacks you have installed. We tend to get a bunch of the same questions over and over so I am going to list them all out and explain them
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• SCI
      • Jul 2005

Thanks Steve

Ok I understand now, any php forum files that have been edited or changed will be overwritten by the new upgraded files but addon php files like I have will not be touched? Make sense. I have that windows wordpad on my hard drive and you don't recommend to use that so can I just upload the config_new.php file, then edit it on my website server then, change it to config.php when Im done and delete the old one?

Thanks, Im done asking questions now lol

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Yep, that should do it.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...