Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BIGMONAY2K
    • Mar 2004

new thread stay on top

I don't where to ask this question... in my board our member like to bump ther thread, I want know how do keep new thread on top even if someone reply to a old one.
  • Quillz
    • Nov 2004
    • 5.0.X

That doesn't make sense. If someone replies to an older thread, then doesn't that thread become new, and thus, move to the top? Can you please clarify what exactly you want?
    Forums

Comment

• BIGMONAY2K
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Quillz
      That doesn't make sense. If someone replies to an older thread, then doesn't that thread become new, and thus, move to the top? Can you please clarify what exactly you want?
      I saw it in password forum,

example:
      forumdisplay

thread 1-
      thread 2-
      thread 3-
      thread 4-
      thread 5-

now if someone reply to a thread #5 usually #5 become #1 however overthere thread #5 stay in order even if someone reply 100,0000

I hope that help please

Comment

• Quillz
        • Nov 2004
        • 5.0.X

Are you sure the first four threads weren't just stickied? Also, if they were all stickied, their order is static, despite new posts being made.
        Forums

Comment

• BIGMONAY2K
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Quillz
          Are you sure the first four threads weren't just stickied? Also, if they were all stickied, their order is static, despite new posts being made.

Comment

• Quillz
            • Nov 2004
            • 5.0.X

Hmm... I honestly wouldn't know. It could be based off other things, though. How are you viewing threads on that forum?
            Forums

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
              • Feb 2005
              • 1.1.x

Changing this requires modifying the code. You can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org/forum in Modification Request

Comment

• Colin F
                • May 2004

Also, to aid your search a bit, what you're looking for is to sort the threads by start date instead of by last post.

Have a look at this thread for a possible solution: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=68382
                Best Regards
                Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...