X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Force235
    • Mar 2004
    • 3.0.0 Beta 4

Upload avatars

I was surprised to see no avatars come by default with VB. Now I have some to upload and all looks simple enough but it's failing. but I get an error message with the following info:

Warning: copy(./images/avatars/army1.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /admincp/image.php on line 444

any clue what I need to do to make this work?
    Thanks!
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Two choices.. either upload the avatars via an ftp client and import them that way, or chmod the avatars folder where you are planning on storing these said avatars.

If you need help with either please let me know.

Comment

• Force235
      • Mar 2004
      • 3.0.0 Beta 4

Thanks Zachery!
      I can't ftp or chmod right now because i'm behind a firewall that prevents it. I was afraid the 444 meant I had a permissions issue. I'll try ftp'ing them later tonight.
      Thanks for the help!

Comment

• Force235
        • Mar 2004
        • 3.0.0 Beta 4

I got the files FTD'd into my images/avatars dir.
        Now I would like to make all 50 avatars available in the generic group but can not find a way to do that.
        I did perform an add avatar from cp and as long as i typed in the name and the path it said it took, but all i see is a darn red x when viewing it thru cp.

Is it the mass move function i need or what? If so how do i use it. Sure not very intuitive to me.

if it's not to much please explain the issue of whether to keep your avatars in the db or export them to a file system? Totally confused here.
        Thanks again!

Comment

• Force235
          • Mar 2004
          • 3.0.0 Beta 4

nevermind on how to load multiple avatars. I got it.

but why give users the option of storing their avatar in the db or in the filesystem? If i'm not adding it to my group of avatars i'd guess the filesystem choice would be best. If I wanted to add it to avatars available to all, i'd guess it needs to be in the db. Is this correct?

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

That is for custom avatars, they can be stored either in the database or the file system. Not for avatars you have pre-defined.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...