• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Force235
    • Mar 2004
    • 3.0.0 Beta 4

attachments not working

newly installed 3.09
    The only place to add an attachment is way under the message box that you type in. The button to click is titled "manage Attachments" but when I click it it does not work, I see erron on page display in the message area of IE.
    I've reviewed vb attahment settings and forum settings and do not see a problem.

This forum has the same button, I just clicked it and go t the same error on page message. Can someone point me in the right direction to fix this?

Thanks
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

If you are getting that error here, then it's something on your end. It's impossible to know exactly what it is but some possibilites are: browsers, browser settings, Internet and security settings, ISP and/or cache issues, firewalls, ad-blockers, and any other application that affects Internet content.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Force235
      • Mar 2004
      • 3.0.0 Beta 4

I agree it's something on my end, just hoping for a pointer or that it was a common problem.
      I can post an attachment on another vb forum using 3.07

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

No it's not a common problem and I listed all the possible causes that I know about.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Force235
          • Mar 2004
          • 3.0.0 Beta 4

rebooted and still have the problem.
          this is too weird. I still have the same error here on this site.
          I've checked everything Steve mentioned above and it all is okay.

Comment

• Force235
            • Mar 2004
            • 3.0.0 Beta 4

Now I've tried posting with my admin account and an junior member account. Same results with both.
            Another peculiarity ....I have avatars turned on. But when I choose edit avatar all you see is no avatar selected and no option to add one.

I can post attachments in other vb forums and on other forum software. This is driving me crazy ...hasn't anyone else run into something like this.

Any guesss as to what a dumb newbie admin might have overlooked.

If you have time please join my forum just to see if attahcment and avatars work for you. Thanks ...i sure need help.

Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Comment

• Otikeu
              • Feb 2005

This is most likely your browser, ISP, and/or firewall cause these issues. Check into them (like temporary turning off firewall to test, contacting your ISP, using different browsers, try other computers).

If you maybe show us an image of the error or something like that, then that could help alot more.

Comment

• Force235
                • Mar 2004
                • 3.0.0 Beta 4

Thanks Otikeu for your reply.
                I can now add attachments. Stupid popup stopper was attempting to help me by stopping the pop up. Don't like the pop up window in this version of vb. ver 3.07 had the old style (or that forum has a hack in place). Is this changable within vb?
                Why can't I just browse for the attahcment rather than have to open a pop up window?

Comment

• Otikeu
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Force235
                  Thanks Otikeu for your reply.
                  I can now add attachments. Stupid popup stopper was attempting to help me by stopping the pop up. Don't like the pop up window in this version of vb. ver 3.07 had the old style (or that forum has a hack in place). Is this changable within vb?
                  Why can't I just browse for the attahcment rather than have to open a pop up window?
                  Well, I run 3.0.7 (waiting for v3.5 gold before I upgrade) and there is the samething. The reason there is a pop up is to be able to manage and upload attachments for a post, instead of cramming it all on the editor page. You could do such a field manual (maybe http://www.vbulletin.org? However, the official vB support cannot be liable for such modifications) or maybe even edit the template to add a reminder to members such as "Remember to allow popups to use the Attachment feature." by the Manage Attachments button.

So, yes, good thinking on the popup blocker, as that can be the issue most of the time.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...