Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novadream
    • Oct 2002

How do I IP Ban?

I would like to ban all IP addresses that contain the first 8 numbers of a specific IP. Can anyone let me know how I do that? This person has the same first 8 numbers of their IP address...and the last 3 numbers change. So I'd like to ban all IP's that share the same first 8 numbers..Becuase it's all the same person.

Thanks you!!!!
  • Milesian
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

AdminCP -> vBulletin options -> vBulletin options -> User Banning Options -> Banned ip Addresses

Just type in the first 8 numbers of the ip address (miss out the . at the end). Now anyone with an ip starting with the same 8 numbers will be ip banned

Comment

• Novadream
      • Oct 2002

Thanx appreciate it!!

Is there anyway I can control the screen they view when their IP has been blocked?

thanx

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

That would be the banip phrase.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Novadream
          • Oct 2002

Im not sure what to do...They just changed their IP # and re registered new usernames over and over again and continued to flood the forum..say they were going to hack the site etc etc.

Im thinking about closing registrations for a month or so hoping they will learn a lesson or go away. Im not sure what kind of solutions I have...Can anyone help me with what I should do when someone can change their IP #?

thank you.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
            • Feb 2005
            • 1.1.x

Copy down what they say, because hacking is consider an illeagal act. You might have to do an ip search for his/her real ip and just report them to their internet service provider and have he/she warn. I believe I place a link to topic like this?

*EDIT*
            Last edited by Jose Amaral Rego; Sat 10 Sep '05, 11:26am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...