Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • odejeu
    • Jul 2005

Server too busy

I get a "server too busy, try again later message" and have no idea why?

Where does one look to find out what the problem is ? I have at most 3 users at a time so I do not think thats were the problem is .

I know in Admin there is a setting to chage for number of active connections (although I think that is set to 20) but since the server does not let me get in, is there any otehr way to change that setting ?

Thanks,
    Olimpiu
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This is dependent on the entire server, not just your forums. I sugggest reseting these options to '0':

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Simultaneous Sessions Limit and *NIX Server Load Limit
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• odejeu
      • Jul 2005

the problem is that I cannot get in the forum at all ... is there a back door I could get in ?

I mean I can ftp in an edit a file ?

Thanks,
      Olimpiu

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Admins are exempt from these settings. So if you are getting this error, then it means that your server really is too busy and you will need to contact your host about this.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• odejeu
          • Jul 2005

here's the link to my message board

what I mean is that if you try this link you get the "server busy" message in vbulletin

So, in this case I have not logged in a admin since there is no way to get to a login screen.

Appreciate your help!

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

You can login directly to the Admin CP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• odejeu
              • Jul 2005

thanks a bunch Steve,
              did not realize that I can give the path to the admincp directory ... live and learn

thanks a lot !!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...