• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Removed-1078464
    • Oct 2004
    • 3.6.x

Simple step for moving single post?

Group,

Does anyone know if Vbulletin will allow me to select a single post, tell it what destination forum I want it to end up in and click a single button to actually move it like is found in Phpbb?

All I want is a very simple method to move one post from one forum to another without a lot of complicated steps, does it exist? I cant find it if it does.

Thanks

Doug
    Attached Files
  • conqsoft
    • Jul 2003
    • 3.6.x

Not in one step....

With vB 3.5's inline moderator tools, you can select a single post by Checking it, then click another button to split that post out to its own thread, in the forum of your choice.
    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

• Removed-1078464
      • Oct 2004
      • 3.6.x

But im not referring to 3.5, I'm talking about in version 3.0 (3.0.8).

Doug

Comment

• conqsoft
        • Jul 2003
        • 3.6.x

It's even tougher to do in 3.0.x, which is why I mentioned 3.5.0; so you may want to upgrade when it goes Gold.
        vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

• KrisJacobs
          • Aug 2005

This is how I do it on 3.0.8:

"Thread A: a single post here to move"
          "Thread B: destination for the single post"

Copy the thread containing the post I want to move.

copy it to:
          "Thread A: a single post here to move (2)"

Open "Thread A: a single post here to move (2)"

Perform a merge with my destination thread's URL, making the "new" thread name the same as my destination thread.

So I end up with 2 threads:
          "Thread A: a single post here to move"
          "Thread B: destination for the single post"

Thread A has the single post I wanted to move, I go into that thread, edit the post I wanted to move, and choose "physically remove". Thread A is done.

Thread B now has the single post I wanted to move, plus all the other posts from Thread A. I go into this thread, and physically remove all the posts that came over from Thread A, **except** the one I wanted to move. Thread B is done.

A bit tedious, but it works - and I probably wouldn't do it with threads that had more than a page of posts.

-Kris

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...