How to remove the navbar from most hacks?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michelle
    • Jul 2005
    • 3.7.x

How to remove the navbar from most hacks?

Hi all.
    I have a few major additon hacks in my vBulletin (vbarcade, Shoutbox Hack 1.0.4) and I would like to know if there is a standard way to remove the navbar and the whole "breadcrumb" from their pages as I have a different one for navigation through my site.
    Thanks in advance!
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

You'd need to ask the hackers who made it, it might depend per hack.

Comment

• Michelle
      • Jul 2005
      • 3.7.x

Do you know any common way? Or maybe some ways?
      Most of these hacks don't have good support, eg I have posted in the Shoutbox forum before 2 days but noone answered...
      Especially you Zachery, I think you can help me out a bit with the shoutbox, I think you were involved in it's creation...
      Please! I really need to remove the navbar it makes the modules look too "unprofessional"!
      Thanks a lot in advance!

Comment

• Aros
        • Jun 2002
        • 3.7.x

Each default vBulletin page has defined their script name, so you can put the pages you would or wouldn't like in an array and check with a conditional if the current script is or isn't in the array. As following;
        Code:
        <if condition="in_array(THIS_SCRIPT, array('index','forumdisplay','showthread','shop'))">yourcode here</if>
        This will display "yourcode" if the script that is currently running is index.php, forumdisplay.php, showthread.php or the custom hack shop.php (that is 'THE_SCRIPT' has been defined, depends on the hack really).

Comment

• Michelle
          • Jul 2005
          • 3.7.x

Ermmm thanks for the help but I'm a php n00b...
          Can you explain it a bit more clearly because currently it's like Chinese to me...

Comment

• Aros
            • Jun 2002
            • 3.7.x

It's not PHP, they're template conditionals. Read all about it right here: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...e_conditionals

Comment

• Michelle
              • Jul 2005
              • 3.7.x

Yery useful page! thanks!
              The problem is, I still can't understand your reply...
              Isn't there a simple way of just deleting some code (or making it a comment) and the navbar/breadcrumb goes away? :P

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...