Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ruby75norway
    • Jul 2005

Problem with vbulletin and Internet Explorer

We have a problem at our forum. When you're logged inn, and you are viewing or responding to post, a window occures that state that iexplore.exe has a problem and needs to be closed down. It only happens in IE, not with other browsers like Opera... Most of our members uses IE, and of course this is not very good... Got any solutions, would be very greatful for an answer...
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. See if this happens with this style as well.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Ruby75norway
      • Jul 2005

Thanks, but it didn't help much, any other ideas?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

What happened exacctly when you tried Colin's suggestion? Assuming you have no hacks installed, I can't imagine this problem happening with the original style and templates.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• kjerubin
          • Jun 2005

The message

Internal Server Error
          The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
          Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
          More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

While working fine in Opera browser. wich my suggest to me that the error is browser dependent. This should perhaps not be a problem since this forum is powered by a script.

Since two different browsers act differently, i am more sure about that this is a problem with Ie . Though sure one cannot be.

After the forum was reset to "factory default" , i was told that they did do so , this error is still there with ie.

If anyone has a tip about what makes this error state please do respond

yours

Kai

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

What's the URL where you are geting this error. I do not see how this is possible with the default vB files and templates.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• boatswife
              • Sep 2004
              • 3.8.x

I know this sounds silly and I'm not a technical person, but I did send this via a pm to the original poster and it worked for them as well.

I don't know a lot about technical stuff but let me tell you of my experience with this! LOL

I have had this happen twice on my vb forum. Same exact thing, I didn't notice it because I use Firefox and it never happened to me. It was happening only to the IE users, shutting down.

We did narrow it down to a couple of threads that this was happening on and I attributed it to bad code in a signature.
              I wish I could show you an example, but the coding just wasn't in the right sequence.
              Figure out a thread that is closing and go checking signatures. Once I made sure everyone's code was good, the problem stopped.

So as funny as it sounds, it did work and we haven't had any more problems.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...