X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aggiefan
    • Apr 2005
    • 3.5.x

Email problems (ASP/PHP)

I've had to upgrade to a PHP/ASP server hosting with Godaddy for a number of reasons. Vbulletin still works fine because of the PHP hosting, however, with this hosting plan, the PHP sendmail function has been disabled. I haven't been receiving site e-mails, etc., which is very bad. I called them and they said that with this hosting, PHP is run in safe mode and so that function has been disabled.

He said, they can't enable PHP sendmail, but I can get around this problem by adding ASP Cdon'ts (not sure what this is and why I'm asking for help) to the code and it will work.

Can anybody help me?

Does anybody know another way around this problem?
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

Sorry can't help you with ASP, but just as a tip:
    I've heard a few bad things about GoDaddy's hosting plans and you might want to think about looking for a different host.
    Sendmail is a very basic function and I don't see why they shouldn't be able to turn it on.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

GoDaddy hosting is not recommended because of issues like this and other PHP functions they disable.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...