X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • killa101
    • May 2004

users getting logged out

I got a PM from a member saying that he spent about 30min writing a new thread and when he clicked submit it asked for him to log in and so he did and then the whole post was lost. The strange thing is that he was logged in already (else he wouldnt have been able to access the "post new thread" page).

What do you guys think could be the problem? he says he gets logged out at random all the time and has to log back in.

Thanks,
    Jordan
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

It seems his session timed out.
    After a long time of inactivity this can happen.

To prevent this, you can set the cookie timeout to a higher value.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• FmGrowit
      • May 2011
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Colin F
      It seems his session timed out.
      After a long time of inactivity this can happen.

To prevent this, you can set the cookie timeout to a higher value.
      Umm, this is only my second post and I knew that and I'm sure the OP did as well. So, rather than identifying the absurdly obvious, HOW does one remedy this?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

This thread is almost 6 years old. Please start your own thread with all the relevant details.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• David Rhoades
          • Apr 2011
          • 4.1.x

I know this was simple answer as I did it before and cant find it again. I cant believe they said to open a new thread to answer this same question that was never answered and im sure many people are going to keep finding this same thread on Google just like I did and go man I have to open a new thread just to get the answer the Original person did 5 years ago. WOW great support thanks guys. I recommend just deleting this thread if you aren't going to post the answer as its a waste of our time readying it and finding it on Google looking to fix the issue we are looking for.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...