Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • korny30
    • Jan 2004

A 2 forum question.

I have a forum up and running. What my goal is, is to have another full forum using the same database.

For example :

I have xxxxx.com/mainforum as my forum running now and I want to create another forum (the whole forum) at lets say xxxxx.com/mainforum/otherforum where this forum is a fresh forum just like if I were to first install the software. I read this somewhere on here but could not find it with the search. Can this be done and if so, how can I do it?
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

You can do that by using table prefixes.
    Define a table prefix in your config.php file and install the forum as usual.
    You won't have any posts/threads/users/anything on your new forum.

Also, be aware that you'll have to have a seperate license for the second forum.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• korny30
      • Jan 2004

I understand the license thing, but what I want is no posts/threads but I do wnat to keep the users. So that they don't have to relogin when they come to the other forum.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• korny30
          • Jan 2004

Hey Steve, is it raining up in your area yet??

What would I look for Steve at vb.org. I have no idea what the use in the search?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

No rain yet. Had a little today but we are still in the middle of a streak of 115+ degree days that has lasted more than a week now.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• korny30
              • Jan 2004

I know, I live in Arizona to..

Steve, what would I look for at vb.org? What would be my search term?

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                • Feb 2005
                • 1.1.x

Just post @ modification request area and see if the guys @ vbulletin.org would be willing to help u answering your request.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...