X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blumin
    • May 2005
    • 3.5.x

User wants to cancel their account

A member of my forum emailed me and said he wanted to cancel his membership. I know how do do that from the admin control panel, however, I thought that there must be a way for the user to do this himself from the user control panel or somewhere else?

Thanks for the help.

-Scott
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

There is no way to "cancle membership"

Usually when I get a request of this, to have their account moved or their posts deleted, I tell them that I will make their account inaccessable and remove any of their personal info.

I remove their email, add a random MD5 generated password, and remove any contact details.

Comment

• FamilyCorner
      • Jan 2002

yeah, what happened to "remove" in the user field of the control panel? You used to be able to remove a user from the admin area, but now I can't find that option in 3.0.7

??

Comment

• Dennis Olson
        • Oct 2002

It's there....

Comment

• FamilyCorner
          • Jan 2002

Originally posted by Dennis Olson
          It's there....
          Ok, egg on my face

I didn't realize it was in the drop down in the list of users. I didn't see it in the actual user within the panel. Thanks!

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Zachery
            There is no way to "cancle membership"

Usually when I get a request of this, to have their account moved or their posts deleted, I tell them that I will make their account inaccessable and remove any of their personal info.

I remove their email, add a random MD5 generated password, and remove any contact details.
            Yes, it is actually possible to delete a member.

Admin Control Panel > Users > Search Users > Find the user you want to delete, once his profile loads > DropDown: Delete User > And confirm you're sure you want to delete the account.

If you also want to move the posts from this user to an archive, I suggest you move it before you delete the user. Posts made by deleted users will appear as unregistered/guests- posts, but still with their username.

Comment

• blumin
              • May 2005
              • 3.5.x

Thanks, it is pretty easy to delete a user from the Admin CP.. Just thought there may have been a way for users to delete themselves. For me, it is not a big deal as my forum is small. I would imagine it a bigger hassle if i had many thousands of users with a lot of in/out.

Comment

• Andreas
                • Feb 2004

There is a Self-Delete Hack available at http://www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• blumin
                  • May 2005
                  • 3.5.x

Originally posted by KirbyDE
                  There is a Self-Delete Hack available at http://www.vbulletin.org
                  Thanks KirbyDE...

Comment

• fabioski
                    • Dec 2007

I am not able to find the mod for VB4. Caould you please link me the page? Thanks.

Comment

• Lynne
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by fabioski
                      I am not able to find the mod for VB4. Caould you please link me the page? Thanks.
                      This is the vB3 forum, so you won't find any information about vB4 here. Additionally, the place to look for modifications is over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...