X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • groberthall
    • Dec 2004

Polls - How flexible ?Hi

Hi.
    I have never used the poll feature before but I will need to if I go ahead with a new forum I am considering.

How flexible are they ? I will need something that will allow only members to vote ( I know I can do that ) They must be allowed to vote more than once but only have their last vote kept on record ( ie, they can change their opinion during the course of a discussion but they can only have one vote per person )

Can the polls do that, or be made to do that with a hack ?
    Regards
    Graham.
    TheVIPzone.org ( A work in progress :) )
    The Visually Impaired Community Site.
  • MGM
    • Aug 2002
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by groberthall
    Hi.
    I have never used the poll feature before but I will need to if I go ahead with a new forum I am considering.

How flexible are they ? I will need something that will allow only members to vote ( I know I can do that ) They must be allowed to vote more than once but only have their last vote kept on record ( ie, they can change their opinion during the course of a discussion but they can only have one vote per person )

Can the polls do that, or be made to do that with a hack ?
    I believe polls can currently do both of the above. However, Jelsoft is planning on rewriting the polls system for a future release of vBulletin to be more feature-full so you could wait for that.

MGM out

Comment

• groberthall
      • Dec 2004

Thanks MGM. Is this future release 3.5 or are you talking further ahead than that ?
      Regards
      Graham.
      TheVIPzone.org ( A work in progress :) )
      The Visually Impaired Community Site.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...